Who’s gone in the summer?

sandler, forgot all about him. loan to championship probably in the next two weeks

sandler, forgot all about him. loan to championship probably in the next two weeks

His ankle was in plaster a month ago not heard anything since. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play but given him and Tosin are centre halves they don’t look to have much chance here.

Presumably the likes of Matt Smith, Claudio Gomes, Felix Nmecha and Joel Latibeaudiere will be going out on loan too. Even if they do go out today or in the next week or so they’ll still have loads of catching up to do. Whereas someone like Luke Bolton who went out before the season started has already played 10 games for Dundee Utd.

Whoever is in charge of getting players out on loan is doing a piss poor job to be honest.

I believe we need a mini overhaul come the summer,and that will include making a few big/hard decisions and placing some popular players on the list.The team has gone stale in midfield and attack,and i dont see Pep turning to the Academy for the solution,so we are gonna have to do some serious business IMO.

So,if money and availabilty weren't a barrier.....who would you replace/upgrade?

For me........

Players out
----------------

Zinchenko
Mahrez
Gundogan
Bernardo
Sterling
Dinho
Garcia
Mendy

Players in
---------------

Grealish
Bissouma
Luiz
Neto
Tierney
Saka
Haaland

Out: Zinchenko, Mendy, Garcia, Mahrez, Jesus/Sterling (either or).
In: Digne, Romelu, Ruiz, St Maxim, Haaland/Dybala (either or but Haaland preferably).

Every one of those players listed 'In' would improve City's offensive play. Romelu and Ruiz would add some much needed steel to the midfield where we have become pedestrian at times. Both have the ability to break up play and they have a good passing range. St Maxim is a livewire, those teams that sit back would be drawn to him thus creating some space for KDB/Foden etc to nip in behind. Haaland is a beast and would benefit from Citys' industrious build up play.

I’d keep Sterling. We need to be adding pace to the side, not taking away from it. Given our recent recruitment, I don’t like our odds of landing an upgrade. I only like Grealish and Haaland from that list. We need to bring in players from that upper echelon. We’ve had far too many failures recruiting from the brackets below recently. I’d also be inclined to give Bernardo one more season.

Top priorities are a striker, a winger to replace Mahrez, a competent left-back and a CDM to replace Fernandinho. If money was no obstacle, I’d bring in Haaland, Grealish, Ferland Mendy and David Alaba (to play CDM). I’d be pretty confident that we’d seriously compete for all trophies with those signings. Not bloody likely though!

I’m expecting nothing from the January window and another disappointing Summer. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that the hierarchy at the club are going to change tack and overhaul our recruitment staff and strategy. Maybe we get lucky and pick a few gems, who knows...

I believe we need a mini overhaul come the summer,and that will include making a few big/hard decisions and placing some popular players on the list.The team has gone stale in midfield and attack,and i dont see Pep turning to the Academy for the solution,so we are gonna have to do some serious business IMO.

So,if money and availabilty weren't a barrier.....who would you replace/upgrade?

For me........

Players out
----------------

Zinchenko
Mahrez
Gundogan
Bernardo
Sterling
Dinho
Garcia
Mendy

Players in
---------------

Grealish
Bissouma
Luiz
Neto
Tierney
Saka
Haaland
Out - I'd agree with all but Sterling, just can't see anything but a weakening of the team there (with Gundogan maybe in the same boat squad wise).

In - Grealish, Luiz & Haaland. Can't see us getting either of the Arsenal lads. I'd still hope for some of the academy lads making the breakthrough to make up the numbers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.