Who’s gone in the summer?

I believe we need a mini overhaul come the summer,and that will include making a few big/hard decisions and placing some popular players on the list.The team has gone stale in midfield and attack,and i dont see Pep turning to the Academy for the solution,so we are gonna have to do some serious business IMO.

So,if money and availabilty weren't a barrier.....who would you replace/upgrade?

For me........

Players out
----------------

Zinchenko
Mahrez
Gundogan
Bernardo
Sterling
Dinho
Garcia
Mendy

Players in
---------------

Grealish
Bissouma
Luiz
Neto
Tierney
Saka
Haaland
That would be some summer but no chance imo Gundogan & Sterling leave I'd be surprised if we flog Mahrez also although I would. Gundogan imo is playing very well and is fully deserving his spot more than most.

Those signings tho :) yes please. Although I'm a Messi lover and I want him for a year or 2 just so I can say the GOAT played for us ha.

Players out
----------------
Zinchenko
Mahrez
Gundogan
Bernardo
Sterling
Dinho
Garcia
Mendy
Garcia, Zinchenko and Mendy I can definitely see leaving.
Fernandinho will be gone if we don't offer an extension.
I wouldn't be opposed to selling Mahrez and Sterling if we can get decent money for them.
Pep loves Gundogan so he is going nowhere.
I would keep Bernardo, we all know there is a world class player in there.

There’s no way that many players will leave us in one window.
My wishlist (probably unrealistic) would be Theo Hernandez, Zakaria, Neto and Haaland, with the likes of Zinchenko, Dinho and Mahrez leaving

The key for me is finding two players in the Gundogan/Rodri positions that are quick to cover ground and have the right blend of qualities. One being more aware from a defensive position but being able to play good balls forwards still (Ferny in his prime) and one who is creative but quick enough to go box to box.

Grealish is my choice in that Gundogan slot. He would be incredible in there or could play wide. Rice seems to have good qualities but I am not totally convinced yet. This season I think he has shown a better all round game though.

Looking to replace Fernandinho with Rodri is one of the worst selections our board have made in recent times. He doesn't do anything other than win a few headers and play a few passes square.

Rodri is a good player but the wrong player for this team in this league. I’d be looking to upgrade that position as a matter of urgency though it probably won’t happen
Yeah I agree, he'd probably be great in Serie A.

Think we'll be looking to sign a couple of midfielders next summer.

The key for me is finding two players in the Gundogan/Rodri positions that are quick to cover ground and have the right blend of qualities. One being more aware from a defensive position but being able to play good balls forwards still (Ferny in his prime) and one who is creative but quick enough to go box to box.

Grealish is my choice in that Gundogan slot. He would be incredible in there or could play wide. Rice seems to have good qualities but I am not totally convinced yet. This season I think he has shown a better all round game though.

Looking to replace Fernandinho with Rodri is one of the worst selections our board have made in recent times. He doesn't do anything other than win a few headers and play a few passes square.
I listed that player in my OP.

Pep loves Gundogan so he is going nowhere.
I would keep Bernardo, we all know there is a world class player in there.

The recent transformation of Gundogan is much improved but i still think we can find better.I'm also a huge fan of Bernardo but Pep isnt,and when he does play we arent utilising him to the best of his ability.It would be best to sell while his stock is still high and buy a player that fits our team better,the same applies to Sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.