Who’s gone in the summer?

The more I think of Jesus the more I like the idea of him going out on loan. No option to purchase, just loan him for a year to juve or whoever for a fee. With him playing week in week out we will have a lot of questions answered and we can decide what to do next summer. This isn’t really the year for selling players with covid so unless someone is willing to give us 80-100m then a loan is the way forward..for me anyway
How would running down a further year on his contract while playing in an inferior league for one of our G14 enemies benefit City?

How would running down a further year on his contract while playing in an inferior league for one of our G14 enemies benefit City?

I’m happy to keep Jesus. Plays several different positions, works hard and never moans about things off the pitch. But it looks like pep and the fans are split on him and he clearly needs a season or two of playing consistently. I think we are getting had over of the fee is less than 80m…no clubs will pay that for a player who isn’t quite there yet and certainly not this summer. Suppose it all boils down to how happy he is and weather he would consider being loaned out or if he wants away. Noticed he has 2 years left which I didn’t know tbf.

In that scenario I don’t think playing in an inferior league would matter too much seems though lukaku, martinez and chiesa will all be sought after if they wanted to move. Playing week in week out we could unearth his talent and keep sign him up long term next summer…or keep him as a squad player and take a gamble with him going into his last year.

I hope we sign Grealish to play on the left with Foden, Sterling and Mahrez on the right and Delap, Jesus and Torres up top. If we can upgrade any of the 3 up top then happy days. Don’t won’t Mendy to leave, I think with the right striker he would be lethal, not sure Pep wants to see crosses though.

The more I think of Jesus the more I like the idea of him going out on loan. No option to purchase, just loan him for a year to juve or whoever for a fee. With him playing week in week out we will have a lot of questions answered and we can decide what to do next summer. This isn’t really the year for selling players with covid so unless someone is willing to give us 80-100m then a loan is the way forward..for me anyway
Not a chance.

Has to be loan with obligation to buy.

Jesus could easily go either way, be a huge success or leave and his career nose dive.

big big choices have to be made right now by pep and the club

this is getting to the point when pep will have little to no time for his plans and getting it across
if new players are to come in then again time is need to bed them in to pep plans and other players

city squad does need a fresh up and for once we are top heavy in defenders. so we all know city are short in strikers and maybe a new left back. its now or never and if we have to spend big then lets get it done

We could get close £100 mill for Bernardo and Jesus. Add another 125 mill and we’ve got two world class replacements more suitable for us

We could get close £100 mill for Bernardo and Jesus. Add another 125 mill and we’ve got two world class replacements more suitable for us
Can't see us paying even £200M for Grealish and Kane, but if we did then would prefer to see Jesus and Mendy leave, which should bring in at least £60M in fees or fee makeweights, add to that the circa £50M received for the permanent moves of Angelino, Nmecha and Harrison and the Sancho sell on fee then leaves £90M, then still possibilies that Braaf and/or Ilic may move and reduce this figure down to £80M, which as a net spend in the season may be a figure we are looking at not exceeding, just my thoughts obviously

These next 2 weeks are going to be crucial because we really do need to get someone in as if boost morale going into the new season and I cannot believe we are gonna let delap leave on loan when we have just let our main striker go and haven’t replaced him.
Boost who's morale, yours and those of the other flappers on a fans forum, or the important people? I don't think the reigning Champions need a morale boost.

Boost who's morale, yours and those of the other flappers on a fans forum, or the important people? I don't think the reigning Champions need a morale boost.
Who’s the important people ?
and you don’t think we will walk the league with the current squad his season do you because this season will go to the wire and it might just depend on players who are hungry to win there first bit of silverware . New transfers give a boost to morale and it’s good to freshen it up aswell . Well Thats my opinion. Anyway .

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.