Who’s gone in the summer?

If, as it seems, we are about to get Jack over the line and are getting closer to Harry it will very interesting who will be leaving. Reports that Laporte wants to go to Spain & the Atletico rumours about bidding for Bernardo have resurfaced. If both or either leave it will be with a great big thanks from us all. Bernardo in particular has given so much especially when we really needed it most -when Kev had his injury. He will be missed by staff and fans alike - a guy who always wore a smile on his face, played in any position he was asked to, never moaned to the media if he was left out - a model professional who deserves all the luck his undoubted talent brings - if it be here or in Spain.

Laporte has reached a pivotal time in his career and will want to be first choice to cement his newly found role for Spain - can't blame him because as it stands Ruben and John look the best 1st choice pair. Would we be happy with Ake being our main back-up? He certainly comes into a big season for him personally. All very interesting.

Another thing that strikes me is the form of our younger/youth players - I think they look to have closed the gap - ability wise - between EDS and first team duty. I guess another effect of having a structure where Pep insists all levels play the same way.

It really is the best time to be a blue. Still pinching myself that we will be watching an attacking midfield with Kev, Phil,Jack & Gundo in it and Mahrez, Sterling and Ferran playing wide up front..mind blowing stuff.

If, as it seems, we are about to get Jack over the line and are getting closer to Harry it will very interesting who will be leaving. Reports that Laporte wants to go to Spain & the Atletico rumours about bidding for Bernardo have resurfaced. If both or either leave it will be with a great big thanks from us all. Bernardo in particular has given so much especially when we really needed it most -when Kev had his injury. He will be missed by staff and fans alike - a guy who always wore a smile on his face, played in any position he was asked to, never moaned to the media if he was left out - a model professional who deserves all the luck his undoubted talent brings - if it be here or in Spain.

Laporte has reached a pivotal time in his career and will want to be first choice to cement his newly found role for Spain - can't blame him because as it stands Ruben and John look the best 1st choice pair. Would we be happy with Ake being our main back-up? He certainly comes into a big season for him personally. All very interesting.

Another thing that strikes me is the form of our younger/youth players - I think they look to have closed the gap - ability wise - between EDS and first team duty. I guess another effect of having a structure where Pep insists all levels play the same way.

It really is the best time to be a blue. Still pinching myself that we will be watching an attacking midfield with Kev, Phil,Jack & Gundo in it and Mahrez, Sterling and Ferran playing wide up front..mind blowing stuff.
Great post mate and I agree. About both tbh . Be sad to see Bernardo go but if it’s what he wants then go for it lad and the same applies to Laporte who wants to play week in week out which is not his fault. As for ake we will not know how good he is until he starts to regularly play so this will be his chance to show us how good he really is .

Bernardo interesting Atletico .... 60m minimum required

Laporte wants out .... 60m also is the minimum we should be looking at

Already have a replacement for Bernardo in Grealish ..... any ideas for a left footed center back to replace Laporte if he does leave ?
We won’t bother mate as we have ake and the young kids to come in but I think we could go for left back .

I feel sorry for ANY player who has their career ruined through injury.

It must be awful if you're a player like Mendy who had pace, power and athleticism to burn have it taken from you. He could've been one of the best in Europe, but that's impossible to see now. His pace allowed him to recover from brain-farts, similar to Walker.

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but Mendy needs to have a think about his career. If he wants money, it won't be at this club. If he wants to rescue a career, he needs to rethink his game. He should look at Zinchenko who has no pace, no power and little athleticism and wonder WHY he gets picked? The answer is that Zinchenko has thought about his game and what the team wants. Mendy still thinks he's 21 and can bomb about and fly into tackles. He isn't and he can't.

IF he rethinks his game, there's no reason why he can't be a decent squad player. Unfortunately, I've seen nothing in his game to suggest it. As a result, we'll end up letting him go for free but I don't see him ever coming back to "terrorise" us. I bet Walker and Mahrez would relish taking the piss out of him for 90 minutes!

Who is going to leave from our squad you reckon if we sign Kane?

Kane Sterling Grealish Jesus Bernardo Mahrez Foden KDB Torres Gundo.

Hard work to keep all them happy.

Most likely to leave would be Jesus and Bernardo to Juve and A Madrid. But knowing our squad is stacked will we sell them on the cheap?

Spurs would do alright with Jesus if he fancied it.

I feel sorry for ANY player who has their career ruined through injury.

It must be awful if you're a player like Mendy who had pace, power and athleticism to burn have it taken from you. He could've been one of the best in Europe, but that's impossible to see now. His pace allowed him to recover from brain-farts, similar to Walker.

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but Mendy needs to have a think about his career. If he wants money, it won't be at this club. If he wants to rescue a career, he needs to rethink his game. He should look at Zinchenko who has no pace, no power and little athleticism and wonder WHY he gets picked? The answer is that Zinchenko has thought about his game and what the team wants. Mendy still thinks he's 21 and can bomb about and fly into tackles. He isn't and he can't.

IF he rethinks his game, there's no reason why he can't be a decent squad player. Unfortunately, I've seen nothing in his game to suggest it. As a result, we'll end up letting him go for free but I don't see him ever coming back to "terrorise" us. I bet Walker and Mahrez would relish taking the piss out of him for 90 minutes!
He can think what he wants, you can't teach anyone with out a football brain, a football brain.

Injuries may be the issue but even without, Mendy is not a bright footballer, he does not read the game very well, not sure that can ever be taught.

Who is going to leave from our squad you reckon if we sign Kane?

Kane Sterling Grealish Jesus Bernardo Mahrez Foden KDB Torres Gundo.

Hard work to keep all them happy.

Most likely to leave would be Jesus and Bernardo to Juve and A Madrid. But knowing our squad is stacked will we sell them on the cheap?

Spurs would do alright with Jesus if he fancied it.
Why would Jesus fancy Spurs? There is little to no chance of champions league football, the only players who would want that are from teams lower down the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.