Who’s gone in the summer?

Should have offloaded Sterling this summer, especially if he’s not going to sign that contract. I know there’s probably not many suitors at the money we’d want but get him out on loan with an obligation to buy or something. Then we could use that money plus the Kane funds next summer for a top forward.

I was hoping the euros would have put him in the shop window and attracted a few clubs.

Such a frustrating player. Needs far too many chances to score when he’s in form. And when he’s out of form he’s completely useless imo.

Should have offloaded Sterling this summer, especially if he’s not going to sign that contract. I know there’s probably not many suitors at the money we’d want but get him out on loan with an obligation to buy or something. Then we could use that money plus the Kane funds next summer for a top forward.

I was hoping the euros would have put him in the shop window and attracted a few clubs.

Such a frustrating player. Needs far too many chances to score when he’s in form. And when he’s out of form he’s completely useless imo.
I agree. Sterling frustrates the hell out of me

Still a fair few I’d be expecting to be sold or loaned in the next few days:

Patrick Roberts
Philippe Sandler
Yangel Herrera
Erik Palmer Brown

Pablo Moreno
Iker Pozo
Luke Bolton
Claudio Gomes
Jayden Braaf
Tommy Doyle

wouldn’t be surprised to see all but Tommy Doyle go on permanent transfers but likely a lot will be loans.

Any news on any interest in any of the above?

I believe Leeds were looking at Herrera and Venezia were interested in Palmer-Brown.

Not heard anything at all regarding Roberts and the rest.
Robert’s is available for free.

I have a feeling that if Haaland signs this summer, Jesus will be sold in order to accomodate Delap and Alvarez.
Mahrez & Sterling would be my guess. Sterling won’t sign a new contract. Mahrez due to his age.Jesus is a very good squad player, no need for him to leave.

Mahrez & Sterling would be my guess. Sterling won’t sign a new contract. Mahrez due to his age.Jesus is a very good squad player, no need for him to leave.

Mahrez and Sterling will probably leave on a free (or both re-sign at the end of this season). Find it highly unlikely either is sold this summer as both will be aware of their value 12 months later when they'll be out of contract.

Jesus on the other hand will find himself even further down the pecking order and will IMO almost certainly want to move and go and play football.

Mahrez and Sterling will probably leave on a free (or both re-sign at the end of this season). Find it highly unlikely either is sold this summer as both will be aware of their value 12 months later when they'll be out of contract.

Jesus on the other hand will find himself even further down the pecking order and will IMO almost certainly want to move and go and play football.
Sound reasoning @BillyShears. Players leaving on a free seems to be the norm. Hopefully city can read the situation and try to move both players on to recoup a fee. On Jesus, it would be a loss to the club. He never moans, seems happy enough with his role in the squad. He is still relatively young and can be relied upon.

The club normally plan in 3/5 year cycles. It would be normal for us to shuffle the decks this summer.

Glad you back posting mate.

Last edited:

Would not be suprised if Mahrez & Gundo sign an short extension purely to move the money/aesthetic
and are still offer the chance to move for a very nominal fee or free at the same 23-24 season when this contract would be up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.