Summer Transfers

1a3f0a7c3e1099b9e9d5ad2fc8a8195b.jpg

Very adaptable would cost a lot of money but what choice do we have

Calvalho. Christ I hope not.

How good is this Ederson fella? I've only looked at a Youtube compilation, and there were some good saves, but most of them were shots you'd expect any decent keeper to save.

Just out of interest, I was looking at the stats for our goalkeepers.
Willy - faced 17 shots on target and saved 13. Save percentage 76%
Bravo - faced 57 shots on target and saved 31. Save percentage 54%

Out of the keepers who've played a decent number of games, only Tom Heaton has saved a greater percentage than Willy, whereas only Fraser Forster has performed worse than Bravo.

How is that wrong? It's exactly what we need.Good centre back, keeper, full backs and an energetic midfielder who can win the ball.
Ok. Lets say I disagree. A Center back is 5th on our list of needs.

I think out needs are

1. Left back
2. Right back
3. Goalie
4. Forward
5. Central Midfielder
6. Center back.

Center back is far down the list of needs. Even though I now think we will get one because Kompany will probably retire.

Never could a transfer window cum quickly enough. A bit like me last week when I thought I heard a key opening some birds front door. :-D

A top midfielder
Pair of fullbacks
Keeper to replace the blunder that has been Bravo

Whether or not we believe we can recruit internally or have to look outside I don't care, however these to me are the criticals going into next season

Paralel to that, the following must be shipped out for good:

Sagna
One of Delph or Fernando (or even both if possible)
Kolarov
Navas
Yaya
Bony
Nasri (need to cash in)
Mangala
Hart (need to cash in)

I'm on the fence about Vinnie - I knew Guardiola was trying to oust him in sly manner and I'm not a fan of it. However, reality is that he's costing us with us absences and there is no room for sentiment in this business.

Our attack looks to be our one real area of strength and something we're well covered in. I would be concerned if all I here about over the English summer is talks of buying the latest shiny attacking toy when our midfield and fullbacks are clearing lagging behind.
Everyone keeps saying this yet we miss more chances than the devil trying to get into heaven. I don't get it. How can we be strong and yet miss so much?

Are folks just in denial? What exactly is going on here?

Bony mk 2, but old as well. Absolutely not for me, I'd be angry if we bought him. Mid table signing at best.

But is exactly what we dont have up front, a physical presence, doesnt matter that he's 32..in fact makes it more likely that he'd accept a back up/plan B role.

Aguero/Jesus/Llorente, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But is exactly what we dont have up front, a physical presence, doesnt matter that he's 32..in fact makes it more likely that he'd accept a back up/plan B role.

Aguero/Jesus/Llorente, absolutely nothing wrong with that.
That logic makes sense if you're allowed to play him as well as the other 11 players, but if you add his "physical presence", you lose out on whoever he's replacing's ability to actually run, close people down, run in behind etc, etc, etc. Never in a million years would I want Llorente starting over Aguero or Jesus, nor would I really want to bring him on and start slinging balls into the box, as it would completely cripple everyone else in the team as they aren't suited to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.