Summer Transfers

Aouar
Alaba
Semedo
Steffen
Upamecano or Dias
Sancho if Leroy leaves
I dont see the point in paying for sancho now mate. He would cost a fortune. I'm not in the camp of f@ck him he left us. I just think with sane, kun and maybe mahrez leaving over the next 2 years the money could be better used. For what we pay for sancho we could probably get thuram and isak. Throw another £40m/£50m we could get werner or a cheaper buy in bailey. Moving forward jesus, isak, werner/bailey, raheem and thuram would be us set hopefully for nearly a decade. With braaf coming through as well.

Personally I'd like werner, marcos thuram, isak, bailey and raz to be our attacking options by end of next season. Kun will probably leave as will sane. Mahrez I believe will want 1 more big money move after doing 3 years with us. That leaves us with jesus and raheem. The 4 of them arent as yet over £50m players (with exception of werner but he has a release clause) but have potential of being serious world beaters. Pace, power, trickery, aerial power and all the same age roughly so should grow together as mates. 6 players who can all add different skills/attributes across the front 3 positions with a talent like braaf pushing them for game time.

Worst case scenario your looking at £160m over 2 seasons to rebuild your attacking players. All of them will go up in price not down and in theory could last 8/10 years at the club.

Midfield is pretty much sorted with rodri, Kdb, bernado, foden and hopefully doyle. Replace gundogan with someone like aouer (seems like peps 1st choice) and a faster, more athletic dm to replace ferna like ndidi.

Gks are solid if we replace bravo with steffan and let him and ederson fight it out.

Defense is crazy at the min. The only ones with no question marks over their heads are laporte and garcia.
Walker - great player but let himself down recently off the field.
Cancelo - does he want to be here?
Stones - consistency?
Nico - age and very rash.
Mendy - injury prone? Can he get back to what he was?
Angelino - is he a gem? Is he a liability?
Zinchenko - me personally I think he needs to leave. Great lad, great team ethic, etc but he isnt a left back. Could he be the one to rotate with phil and save us money instead of aouer?
Tosin - fuck it, give him a chance, bleeds blue, captained every youth team hes played for us and england. Kids a talent and a fighter. Who knows?

Tosin looks like bambi on ice to me when ive seen him play

wouldnt disagree with any of the other comments accept to say i couldnt care less about what walker has done - on the field he has been very solid for the last few seasons.

Mendy has made mistakes, but he is certainly not a liability. He is our best LB at present, the main problem with Mendy is he is injury prone. Can understand fans wanting a new LB because of his injuries, but Mendy when fit is very good player.

we will have to agree to disagree on Mendy - i think he is an awful defender -nothing against the guy - seems like a thouroughly likeable bloke

for those that have seen braff play more often and not just clips like me - do you think he has it in him to make it?

Are you sure it wasn't because his form was poor and Sterling and Bernardo were arguably are best players as well as in the top 5 in the league.
That too but in those very important games pep wants full control of the match and Sané is maybe too direct for that. He is also a bit inconsistent which we couldn't afford at that stage, that's why he became an impact sub with his speed and directness. I remember at the end of the season when he finally got his chance to start against Burnley, and he didn't really do anything and got subbed early

Tosin looks like bambi on ice to me when ive seen him play

wouldnt disagree with any of the other comments accept to say i couldnt care less about what walker has done - on the field he has been very solid for the last few seasons.
I agree about walker. Personally I'd keep him 100%. Tosin tho looks awkward but is a very competent defender and good on the ball. When he fills out he will be an absolute beast and in high demand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.