Summer Transfers

Duncan Castles has just mentioned on his transfer window podcast that we've enquired about Koulibaly.

I can't see it to be honest with his age and our history with Napoli.

But I've just discovered he has the same agent as Sane so it could be a deal to smooth over negotiations?

Music to my ears. Castles has been reliable recently.

The German press have just discovered that City do not need cash, and that if Sane leaves it will most likely be a swap deal, so the latest package includes Lucas Hernandez a player that has slipped down the left back pecking order after arriving in a blaze of publicity he is a good player that would improve us if only slightly, but it is that slight i do not think Pep would bother

Out of the 22 you name only 4 UK qualified that I can see, Walker, Stones, Foden and Stirling that I can see
I named 21. And had one player to cover for two positions. Pls see my original post again to see who that player is.

Interesting. Is there a fee mentioned for him? Would he be expensive you think?
Guedes would cost around £9m so a chance worth taking. This is what is being bandied around as Athletico MG in Brazil want him back but can’t afford this apparently. 23 years of age.

No links with City though, just a player who would be worth a gamble and may link up well with Jesus in the long term, both have played for Palmeiras in Brazil.

Guedes would cost around £9m so a chance worth taking. This is what is being bandied around as Athletico MG in Brazil want him back but can’t afford this apparently. 23 years of age.

No links with City though, just a player who would be worth a gamble and may link up well with Jesus in the long term, both have played for Palmeiras in Brazil.
Not much of a gamble and would be interesting. I do like Barca Dembele at the price flouted. I’m unsure if injury (so prone) and wages will be a big stumbling block however.

Not much of a gamble and would be interesting. I do like Barca Dembele at the price flouted. I’m unsure if injury (so prone) and wages will be a big stumbling block however.

Yes, Dembele, has a big ? over him at the moment. I think clubs would prefer a loan with a view to an agreed fee if it works out, much like Barca did with Coutinho to Bayern.

Koulibaly is 28 and Napoli are asking for stupid money.
I know what you are saying mate but it makes sense on so many levels,
1) with silva, ferna, kun leaving we are lacking leaders and experience. This guy is a natural leader, like vinny, like Vidic, like vvd etc. Not many players that give off an aura.
2) we are desperate for pace and power in our defense. Bonucci, stones and nico dont give us that at all, even combined.
3) we moan about not giving youth a chance. We have 2 of the most promising cbs I've seen since paul Blake coming through in Garcia and thb. 1 of which is a die hard blue. Unfortunately they are 3/4 years off being 1st team regulars (garcia is a lot closer). So what's the point in a) buying a younger defender and blocking the path into the 1st team or b) taking a chance on an aging bonucci hoping he can keep his legs and reactions. He could end up being exactly like nico last year.
4) we have bought so many cbs Nastasic, mangala, savic, demichelis, nico, laporte, played rodri, ferna, walker, Sagna there. Apart from kompany and laporte have we ever been happy. Why not just buy the player that fits now for £70/£80m than buy 2 players for £40/£50m and still not be happy. Or buy bonucci and leak stupid avoidable goals until the 2 lads come through. By then Kdb, laporte, etc probably will leave coz we wont hit our peak until that defense is sorted.

Only my opinion and obviously yours is valid as well mate but when I look at it logically it makes so much more the perfect transfer.

Koulibaly is 29 in June, this is the last Game he played, in early February.

Sané needed a year to adapt
Bernardo needed a year to adapt
Mahrez needed a year to adapt
Cancelo needed a year to adapt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.