Sun glasses advice

Real men spend 5 euros with the looky looky man and squint when they drive. We also lift our foot higher than needed when confronted with steps.
Ahh the looky looky man, where would we be without him

I love mt Ray Bans but they are noe totally fucked. I havehad them since 2008, though,,,,,

I have an affinity for sunglasses. My eyes are more light sensitive than most therefore I wear them most all the time when outdoors.

Smith Optics makes very good glasses,

Oakley's are fine but they, in my opinion, aren't worth the price. When I buy them it is because I get a pretty hefty discount on them. To me, the frames feel cheap. I had a polarized pair one time where the polarization sheet cracked all over for no reason. My brother in law worked for Smith at the time. I sent him a photo and asked if that was normal. He said "No way. They should replace them." Oakley told me to pound sand and buy another pair.

I've worn Spy Optic and like them but don't love them. I keep them in my car in case I forget my main pair.

The pair I wear most often right now is from a company called Gatorz. They frames are aluminum the ans feel strong and sturdy. The lenses are great too.

Don't waste your time or money on Nike or Under Armour glasses. They are over priced rubbish.

If you can afford polarized glasses they are the way to go imo. As others have said, they help reduce glare. I will often wear mine whilst driving in the rain because I feel like it makes seeing much easier.

As an aside, my brother in law I mentioned told me most of the big companies are owned by, or get their glasses from i forget which, basically the same places, Italians I believe.

I wear Ray-Ban P and they are great for driving.

P = Polarised, the lenses stop shine off the road and intense direct shine from the Sun.

Spot on!

+1 for polarised glasses for driving as they are particularly good when it is wet and sunny at the same time as they stop the glare from the road. However, I just have a cheap pair from Boots which sit in the car all the time.

I don't own any but I have several friends that own Maui Jim sunglasses. They LOVE them. They are pricey but supposedly have excellent optics and they look ace. If I remember correctly, they have a "lifetime guarantee as well.

What are these Polaroid glasses of which you speak? Polarized is what I think you mean. They cut glare and are great for outdoors and fishing, but not good for driving.

Serengetis are great, as they cut glare and sharpen colors by blocking some of the blue light. But, they’re not inexpensive.

Transitions lenses (photochromatic) are SLOOOOW to respond to the transitions. When you go from light area to dark areas, it takes a while for the lenses to go back to clear, but more importantly they take a while to darken in bright light.

You have one set of eyes, and when they go bad, sometimes even money can’t fix them, so don’t skimp on them.

I now wear prescription progressive Randolphs in the cockpit (5-6 years), but wore Ray Ban Grey lenses for about 20 years. Even if you don’t need prescription lenses, I highly recommend Randolph glasses. I have two pairs...prescription & non-prescription.

Good luck with your decision.

I actually received my Randolphs a week ago, great sunglasses that feel quality and you the fact you could choose different lenses and sizes was a plus!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.