Sunday league football. Players wanted.

schfc6

I run a long standing and established Sunday league side playing in the Stockport Sunday league div 1. Las season we missed out on promotion by a couple of points and reached and reached the quarter finals of both district cups.

Since then we have had some of our players poached by sides who somehow manage to pay for Sunday league players. Some have simply retired due to age.

We are looking for 2 or 3 quality players, either lads who know the division, good young lads who have finished u18's football or lads new to the Stockport area.

The league is tough, we train once a week and have friendlies lined up. Plenty of chance to impress.

The team is well established, well organised and has some good seasoned players who have in the past played to a very good amateur standard, league of Wales, North West Counties etc.

I myself as manager struggle to get out and about to look for fresh players, I'm getting older now and the lads I used to play with are in the family way so all avenues are being explored to find fresh faces of a good standard.

If you're keen and committed and are of a decent standard I'd be interested to hear from you. If transport is a problem we have lads from Offerton, Stockport, Hazel Grove, Bramhall so lifts would not be an issue.

Please pm me if interested.

Cheers.

I play in and help run a team that plays in the Lancs and Cheshire Saturday league based in cheadle Hulme. It's becoming increasingly difficult recruiting players isn't it. We're down to bare bones. We're a well established club, won 2 out of 3 titles in the last 3 years but finding players is an increasing nightmare.
I bet I know who the team is paying players in the Stockport league. All done with the leagues full knowledge I believe.

We're always on the look out for players too. It's saturday 2pm k.o's so not treading on op's toes. We're Juno united so a well established club and as original thread says... Must be of reasonable ability. Plat out of cheadle hulme

I'm a season ticket holder and probably miss 3 city games a year with late/Sunday/Monday ko's so not too bad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.