Sunday May 22nd v Villa - Minutes silence?

I'm told there won't be a minute's silence on Sunday. There may be a minute's applause but personally I'm not really comfortable with that, given the particular circumstances.

Let's just watch and (hopefully) enjoy the game.

A minute's applause wouldn't be right, but as others have said a minute's silence would have to be adequately communicated and unfortunately with the title on the line, the majority of blues will be wanting to make as much noise as possible and it's very likely it would be missed in the occasion which wouldn't be intentional but would be horrific.

A shame because it deserves to be remembered with a silence. It still shakes me the idea that someone could do that at an event where so many young people were in attendance.

A minute's applause wouldn't be right, but as others have said a minute's silence would have to be adequately communicated and unfortunately with the title on the line, the majority of blues will be wanting to make as much noise as possible and it's very likely it would be missed in the occasion which wouldn't be intentional but would be horrific.

A shame because it deserves to be remembered with a silence. It still shakes me the idea that someone could do that at an event where so many young people were in attendance.

I was writing a reply, when I realised you'd covered everything I was thinking about this Sunday. Well said.

Maybe play "Don't look back in anger" because it became associated with the tragedy in the days after it happened.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-in-anger-becomes-symbol-of-manchester-spirit

Perhaps it’s time to think about different ways of doing this sort of thing. A short film on the big screen with appropriate music would probably have a greater impact than an orchestrated minutes silence/applause. Fans could respond to it as they saw fit.

Perhaps it’s time to think about different ways of doing this sort of thing. A short film on the big screen with appropriate music would probably have a greater impact than an orchestrated minutes silence/applause. Fans could respond to it as they saw fit.
Or maybe, just maybe, go to watch a game of football without having to be reminded of death.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.