Sunday Supplement 17/18

Steve Bates says ‘you know’ in most of his contributions

He’s a journalist, I thought they are supposed to have a supirior command of the English language. Saying ‘you know’ to par his sentences out doesn’t seem fitting to his profession

Steve Bates says ‘you know’ in most of his contributions

He’s a journalist, I thought they are supposed to have a supirior command of the English language. Saying ‘you know’ to par his sentences out doesn’t seem fitting to his profession

You know he only did a one year course at The National Council for Training of Journalists , you know not got a degree you know.

There seems to be a situation that has developed where if Pep (or City as a club) raise an issue, other fans and most journalists seem to deliberately misunderstand the point that has been made and then a completely different point (the one they have randomly attributed) gets picked apart and Pep or the club gets hammered on a point they weren't even making. Either they are deliberately misunderstanding in order to paint us in a bad light or the majority of people I see discussing anything to do with us are very very stupid indeed. I can't stand a lot of the sports journalists in this country but I don't for one minute think most of them are stupid so I can only think it is all deliberate. I find it extremely frustrating and incredibly bizarre tbh.

It's called a straw man falacy· The straw man is a logical fallacy that occurs when a person argues against a misrepresentation of an opponent's argument rather than the actual argument itself. In effect, the person is building a false argument (the straw man) that is easier to knock down than the actual argument.

It's called a straw man falacy· The straw man is a logical fallacy that occurs when a person argues against a misrepresentation of an opponent's argument rather than the actual argument itself. In effect, the person is building a false argument (the straw man) that is easier to knock down than the actual argument.
My United mate does that all the time. I'm going to start calling him Worzel

Watching this morning and as usual the first section was dedicated to talking all things raggish , apparently the current United team dont have any leaders on the pitch , unlike back in the good old days of Roy Keane , Gary and Phil Neville , Cantona ,Vidic and Ferdinand etc . Jason Burt made the point that "not only did Fergie " but also those " leaders on the pitch" took the young Christiano Ronaldo " under their wing and convinced him to cut out the diving and theatricals "
Leaving aside for a minute that this a complete re writing of history that would have made Joseph Stalin proud , the thought of holding up the likes of Cantona , Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand as some shining beacons of fair play , let alone Fergie is laughable.
Thing what got me most about it though , was how the rest of the panel , rather than calling him out for the utter bullshit he'd just come out with , remained silent as if this was already the new accepted "truth"....

Last edited:
Watching this morning and as usual the first section was dedicated to talking all things raggish , apparently the current United team dont have any leaders on the pitch , unlike back in the good old days of Roy Keane , Gary and Phil Neville , Cantona ,Vidic and Ferdinand etc . Jason Burt made the point that "not only did Fergie " but also those " leaders on the pitch" take the young Christiano Ronaldo " under their wing and convinced him to cut out the diving and theatricals "
Leaving aside for a minute that this a complete re writing of history that would have made Joseph Stalin proud , the thought of holding up the likes of Cantona , Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand as some shining beacons of fair play , let alone Fergie is laughable.
Thing what got me most about it though , was how the rest of the panel , rather than calling him out for the utter bullshit he'd just come out with , remained silent as if this was already the new accepted "truth"....
Hey ! Leave Uncle Joe alone.

Sorry... Comparing Stalins soviet propoganda machine to Fergies history re writing rag controlled media is a bit harsh..on Stalin

raw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.