Sunday Supplement 17/18

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by city saint, 6 Aug 2017.

1. Mr Ed (The Stables)

Mr Ed (The Stables)

Not sure she remembers laughter either...miserable cow!!

2. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

Steve Bates says ‘you know’ in most of his contributions

He’s a journalist, I thought they are supposed to have a supirior command of the English language. Saying ‘you know’ to par his sentences out doesn’t seem fitting to his profession

3. Gordyola

Gordyola

You know he only did a one year course at The National Council for Training of Journalists , you know not got a degree you know.

4. crazyg

crazyg

The only Stairway she'll be going on is downwards.

5. FrankSwift1

FrankSwift1

It's called a straw man falacy· The straw man is a logical fallacy that occurs when a person argues against a misrepresentation of an opponent's argument rather than the actual argument itself. In effect, the person is building a false argument (the straw man) that is easier to knock down than the actual argument.

6. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

My United mate does that all the time. I'm going to start calling him Worzel

7. glyncity

glyncity

Watching this morning and as usual the first section was dedicated to talking all things raggish , apparently the current United team dont have any leaders on the pitch , unlike back in the good old days of Roy Keane , Gary and Phil Neville , Cantona ,Vidic and Ferdinand etc . Jason Burt made the point that "not only did Fergie " but also those " leaders on the pitch" took the young Christiano Ronaldo " under their wing and convinced him to cut out the diving and theatricals "
    Leaving aside for a minute that this a complete re writing of history that would have made Joseph Stalin proud , the thought of holding up the likes of Cantona , Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand as some shining beacons of fair play , let alone Fergie is laughable.
    Thing what got me most about it though , was how the rest of the panel , rather than calling him out for the utter bullshit he'd just come out with , remained silent as if this was already the new accepted "truth"....

Last edited: 18 Feb 2018
  8. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

Hey ! Leave Uncle Joe alone.

9. crazyg

crazyg

Yes. I love his mint balls.

10. glyncity

glyncity

Sorry... Comparing Stalins soviet propoganda machine to Fergies history re writing rag controlled media is a bit harsh..on Stalin