Sunday supplement 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned it few weeks back about Winter his writing and his Twitter feed has changed to being sensibly to being click bait so I presume he has been told to change his way or get on your bike! Clicks is what he looks for now like the rest of the media! So taking the piss out of us city fans will carry on.

Henry is definitely on a different track these days.

I didn't think he said much wrong on SunSupp today. He tends to be able to support his opinions pretty well.
He talked up Liverpool's fighting hard to win matches as the sign of Champions. For example the Fulham away game, but then tried to find a negative in the fact that City won the same game at a canter.

He talked up Liverpool's fighting hard to win matches as the sign of Champions. For example the Fulham away game, but then tried to find a negative in the fact that City won the same game at a canter.

Yes, the Liverpool part by itself seems fair opinion to me, a refusal to give up when not playing very well is a good sign. The point that City have played in about 3rd gear recently, and that not necessarily being good preparation for the big games this month also seems fair opinion. Whether City can change up a gear for the next 17 days remains to be seen.

What makes things appear skewed is what goes unsaid, and the lack of counter-argument. That no-one said that City have in recent games established control and then played conservatively, probably because they have a heavy schedule, was what was missing.

Personally thought the show, first 2 parts as bored by then, was very poor. Dunn in particular with his waffling incoherent discussion about the racism issue then that city won’t be able to get out of 3rd gear when required. The man probably watches our games, sees us get a lead and then settle for seeing out the game. Appears every one can see it other than him.

Yes, the Liverpool part by itself seems fair opinion to me, a refusal to give up when not playing very well is a good sign. The point that City have played in about 3rd gear recently, and that not necessarily being good preparation for the big games this month also seems fair opinion. Whether City can change up a gear for the next 17 days remains to be seen.

What makes things appear skewed is what goes unsaid, and the lack of counter-argument. That no-one said that City have in recent games established control and then played conservatively, probably because they have a heavy schedule, was what was missing.

Really ? You not been watching us for the past umpteen seasons ?

Um, yes, but will it be the same story this season?

I think they will be okay, but it's not an unreasonable thought. If that's the best the media can come up with, then it's a good thing.

No sorry. Didn't mean to be sarky. Think we'll click into gear this week. Would be more worried about the later games, after
this tough schedule.

The latest pile of shite spouted this morning by the knob fronting it is, "English football will not tolerate City strolling the league every year " Really?? It seemed to tolerate it okay when the rags and Arsenal shared it every year. It tolerated the same top four year after year and the extra champions league money that generated meant it was impossible for anyone else to break into it, until owner investment came into the game.

Now talking about new stadiums. Most fans just want to get to and from a stadium as quickly as possible. Cost of the game and travel there and back are more important than all mod cons once in it. If you can get a reasonably priced pint and bite to eat in the process it is an added bonus but not a priority.
if they wont tolerate it I would like to know what they are going to do about it

I mentioned it few weeks back about Winter his writing and his Twitter feed has changed to being sensibly to being click bait so I presume he has been told to change his way or get on your bike! Clicks is what he looks for now like the rest of the media! So taking the piss out of us city fans will carry on.

Maybe it’s because he works for The Times (one of dear Mr Murdoch's organs), rather than The Telegraph, as he used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.