Sunday Supplement cancelled from 2020/21 season

Just watching it on playback now - going round in circles a bit aren’t they.

It’s not a popular opinion, but it’s one I’ve held long before this CV outbreak,
but I do question whether the 92 full time club model is really viable any more, and should be rationalised, with more clubs becoming semi pro, to allow them to continue sustainably. I’m not aware of many other countries which maintain that many pro clubs.

It’s possible a lot of clubs outside the league (92) are full time. A fair bit of money in the lower leagues, the important thing is a club exists. It will find its level but I love non league.

It’s possible a lot of clubs outside the league (92) are full time. A fair bit of money in the lower leagues, the important thing is a club exists. It will find its level but I love non league.

Me too but think many are spending money they don't have here in Northwich we currently have 4 (if you count Barnton) semi pro clubs Realistically the town can only support 2 a lot of players will need to lower expectations.

Me too but think many are spending money they don't have here in Northwich we currently have 4 (if you count Barnton) semi pro clubs Realistically the town can only support 2 a lot of players will need to lower expectations.
My lad plays for the new Middlewich Reserves (which was previously Saxons,Winsford).Although Saxons is still going most moved over to Middlewich and the training and facilities are far better than Saturday Crewe League.
When I was playing Sunday League in the Mid Cheshire one I can remember having 48 teams with 4 leagues of 12.
It now doesn`t exist !!

My lad plays for the new Middlewich Reserves (which was previously Saxons,Winsford).Although Saxons is still going most moved over to Middlewich and the training and facilities are far better than Saturday Crewe League.
When I was playing Sunday League in the Mid Cheshire one I can remember having 48 teams with 4 leagues of 12.
It now doesn`t exist !!

To be fair that was 1912

Reactions: nmc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.