Sunday, the derby nobody wants to win?

No matter when,where and what competition......they must be destroyed,we have a big and good enough squad to claim the lot!

DTeacher said:
de niro said:
oh my mind is made up alright, i want the title.

no gimmick, no pretence, no fishing. fuck the fa cup, fuck the europa and fuck the carling cup.

unless we win one of them.

;o)

OK, being totally serious then.

As others have pointed out, winning on Sunday will give us a psychological advantage for the League. United have already been outclassed by 6 goals to 1 - the very last thing they need right now is to be knocked out of the FA Cup by the team they hate!

We could practically end their season on Sunday and they know it. There is no way I will believe that Ferguson won't want to win this game. There is also no reason why we can't win the League and STILL win a Cup or two. I agree that we have more chance in the CC as we are much closer to the final, but we are defending the FA Cup and the boys will not give that up without a fight. Platt has previously stated that Roberto wants to win every game we play and I think that's the best mindset to apply.

I don't think ANYONE is under any illusions - we are all fully aware that the League is the priority, but the Cups are all there for the taking. The other factor, of course, is that the more competitions we play in, the more opportunities squad players get to show their worth. That trophy cabinet still looks a bit bare - let's fill it up a bit, eh? ;o)

hope you are right mate.

If we win there's a very high chance we'll get a lower league team in the next round which will allow us to play fringe players and a couple of kids. And if we lost that, so be it, but a win on Sunday is very important if only for psychological reasons.

de niro said:
Will either side care if they win or lose the game, cos I don't .
Don't think the mangers are bothered either. You could say fergie needs it more than us because it's his last chance of silverware this season( its great that we stand in the way of everything they can win) but the title has always been his priority and for us it's the only thing we are interested in.
The "winner" of this game immediately hands and advantage to the other side for the prem title and I for one aren't bothered about the cup.
I suppose in the ideal world we'd knock them out and then play the kids from then on.

Can see it being a subdued affair. Even against them.

1. Mancini and Ferguson are both winners so will play to win.
2. We have one trophy in 35 years we have no right to devalue any comp we are in. I for one would hate to only have the league to play for domestically by the end of January. Shame on you for saying you are not arsed.

"Sunday,the derby nobody wants to win?"

What the fuck!!I am more confident of winning on Sunday than I was last night.....

I for one want to beat the rag bastards again. That feeling I had at Owd Twafford...I want that again!

de niro said:
DTeacher said:
de niro said:
oh my mind is made up alright, i want the title.

no gimmick, no pretence, no fishing. fuck the fa cup, fuck the europa and fuck the carling cup.

unless we win one of them.

;o)

OK, being totally serious then.

As others have pointed out, winning on Sunday will give us a psychological advantage for the League. United have already been outclassed by 6 goals to 1 - the very last thing they need right now is to be knocked out of the FA Cup by the team they hate!

We could practically end their season on Sunday and they know it. There is no way I will believe that Ferguson won't want to win this game. There is also no reason why we can't win the League and STILL win a Cup or two. I agree that we have more chance in the CC as we are much closer to the final, but we are defending the FA Cup and the boys will not give that up without a fight. Platt has previously stated that Roberto wants to win every game we play and I think that's the best mindset to apply.

I don't think ANYONE is under any illusions - we are all fully aware that the League is the priority, but the Cups are all there for the taking. The other factor, of course, is that the more competitions we play in, the more opportunities squad players get to show their worth. That trophy cabinet still looks a bit bare - let's fill it up a bit, eh? ;o)

hope you are right mate.

Presumably if you're not arsed, and wouldn't care if the rags won through, you won't be attending?

Surely you wouldn't be that contrary? Surely?
;-))

You actually come across as being frightened that we'll lose, and this is just a defence mechanism in advance of the game...

Madness can't wait, when we drew them at home i felt for the first time in years we can batter them & all my rag mates were crying in the pub knowing full well whats about to happen.

Com-on City 3.0

I remember speaking to my Rag mates before the Charity Sheild, I asked them why all of them are going to the match, usually it's was 3 or 4 of them what would go to most games but for this one all 15-18 of them were going. They replied " forget the last minute winners, this is the one game they didn't wanna lose, this means so much "

Them fuckers know they're not the top team anymore and beating us has turned into one of their highlights of the season just like it use to be for us.

I don't want us to have one eye on the Semi or the league games, I want us to fucking destroy them then worry about the rest afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.