Sunday, the derby nobody wants to win?

I challenge you to recall the feelings our victory at Wembley gave you, the players and Mr Mancini. Unforgetable and surely one that we all want to feel again and again and again. Thats what success feels like and this is the FA Cup, a Derby and a chance to rub their noses in it. How can that be insignificant ?

The FA cup is played at weekends so doesnt really make us play more games per week unless replays etc come into play.

The Europa and League cup on the other hand, clutter up the fixture schedule.

So I think we will go for it

Mancini will most likely field our second-string, with Zabaleta, Kolarov and the likes. Fergie would most likely do the same, but we all know how his second-string fares.

Good fishing trip

its about momentum,beat them again and it dents there belief they can beat us to title glory,our lads will then push on again.

In fact winning the carling cup would have a similair effect.

de niro said:
Will either side care if they win or lose the game, cos I don't .
Don't think the mangers are bothered either. You could say fergie needs it more than us because it's his last chance of silverware this season( its great that we stand in the way of everything they can win) but the title has always been his priority and for us it's the only thing we are interested in.
The "winner" of this game immediately hands and advantage to the other side for the prem title and I for one aren't bothered about the cup.
I suppose in the ideal world we'd knock them out and then play the kids from then on.

Can see it being a subdued affair. Even against them.

Don't understand your comments to be fair pal are we to big now for the f.a cup? Its our cup to defend and i sure hope we play full team against united. I no we. But want the leauge but we can still fight for the cups. Look at sunderland last night they won 4.1 with the same 11 against us so it can be done just get on with it i am sure the players love all theses games

I agree wit de Niro. I would swap a win over 2 legs in cc semi for a defeat on Sunday.

A win on Sunday guarantees nothing. Only extra games.......

A win over dippers guarantees 1 more game ....... Which is a cup final.

So for me ideal is win cc semi and lose fa cup game. Then concentrate on league.

Lucky13 said:
Can't agree with the OP ( good fishing ), fortress Etihad , worldwide audience, holders of the FA cup , chance of a double , i want a ritual killing.

I'm not saying throw the game, neither would they,I'm saying for a derby it's not THAT important.
I think we will see "weaker" teams out there as the managers won't risk the title over this or any cup.
It's a first for me to be so so about a game v the scum but I want that title, nothing else matters including local bragging rights.
I'll do my bragging at the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.