Sunday's NOTW re Stadium expansion ...

marco said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
because the attendence wouldnt get near 55,000 never mind 75,000. look at germany.

i think ater a few prem cups regular champions league games, final included 30k would come out of the woodwork, easy

So the club would spend tens of millions expanding happy with the same income before expansion?

City's owners aren't trying to make an economic return from City

The only way to fill 75k plus at City would be to charge affordable ticket prices

Corky said:
marco said:
i think ater a few prem cups regular champions league games, final included 30k would come out of the woodwork, easy

So the club would spend tens of millions expanding happy with the same income before expansion?
They could put a few thousand corperate in & fleece the jcl's & sort us working class out with cheap tickets.

Marvin said:
City's owners aren't trying to make an economic return from City

The only way to fill 75k plus at City would be to charge affordable ticket prices

agreed! 25 quid a head and kids at a fiver that ground would be full with inter and the rest coming to town

bellwhaft said:
By Neil Ashton
Follow me on Twitter

Despite denials from City officials last year, the club are planning to increase stadium capacity to 75,000.

They have already commissioned the world's leading architect Rafael Vinoly - who is behind the regeneration project at Battersea Power Station in London - to design their new super-stadium.
Those 2 sentences perfectly sum of the sheer stupidity of the News Of The World.

Only humans with the (non) brain of a dodo would read that shitty paper

ste.sully said:
bellwhaft said:
By Neil Ashton
Follow me on Twitter

Despite denials from City officials last year, the club are planning to increase stadium capacity to 75,000.

They have already commissioned the world's leading architect Rafael Vinoly - who is behind the regeneration project at Battersea Power Station in London - to design their new super-stadium.
Those 2 sentences perfectly sum of the sheer stupidity of the News Of The World.

Only humans with the (non) brain of a dodo would read that shitty paper

???

Ashton's one of the top media boys with loads of contacts in the game. His stuff from South Africa this summer was definitely on the mark

Corky said:
marco said:

is the club worth more now with the players we have acquired, than say 2 years ago?

Ticket For Schalke said:
Corky said:

is the club worth more now with the players we have acquired, than say 2 years ago?

More liability that is certain. Worth depends on the buyer.

It will not be worth what has been invested will it?

Corky said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

More liability that is certain. Worth depends on the buyer.

It will not be worth what has been invested will it?

my point being that, if they do put an outlay on investing in the stadia, its not going to be lost is it, a bit like an extension on a house, you pay outright but adds value onto the house when you come to sell it.

I'd rather have a full 47k stadium than a half empty 75k one. We would struggle to get anywhere near sell out for 99% of the games even with cheap tickets (which wouldn't happen anyway).

Wait until there's a genuine demand, otherwise we could look silly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.