Sunderland Away - Where to park?

markbmcfc

First trip to the SOL, any advice on where to park/drink?

Checked out the usual websites, but wanted some personal opinion.

Thanks

I usually park in the industrial estate not far from the ground, it's pretty well signposted as you head to the Stadium - then a free shuttle bus runs to and fro every few minutes before and after the game.

Not the quickest getaway though, but their lot are usually friendly enough on the bus

mancitymick said:
There is a multi story car park in the centre (Name escapes me) 15-20 mins walk to the ground but easy to get away from

parked there myself,then over the bridge to the ground.

Thanks people, looking at it there are two:

St Mary's and The Bridges shopping center.

St Mary's is closer to the bridge.

Which one is best to use, mainly for getting away?

Complete shit hole anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the place.. chances are you'll return with your car on bricks! Enjoy :P

Stadium of Light Metro Station. About 5 minutes from the ground. £4 last year and if you turn right as you come out its easy to get away from

Blue-Eyes said:
You can park in The Bridges Shopping Centre. The ground is a 15-20 minute walk from there.

doubt that'll be the best place to park on boxing day!!!

Up the A19 to A1231 turn off just before Sunderlands only employer, Nissan(Wessington Way).
That will take you to the north end of the Stadium and once you see ground, park up off main road and walk. City are in North Stand upper this season!
More chance of getting a couple of flat tyres from heroin needles than any fucker knicking it.

Thats the best way in. Avoid the city centre. Full of mongs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.