Sunderland post match thread

Re: Are you disappointed or surprised by the Sunderland result?

de niro said:
the only thing that disappointed me was we could all see it wasn't working but we sat on our hands.

which didn't surprise me.
No leaders on the pitch to sort it out. Except Zabaleta

Disappointed? Absolutely gutted, to be honest. Win last night, and we still had a (slim) chance of the title. Not now.
Surprised? Not in the slightest. Nothing City ever does will ever surprise me.

Gutted, the team was shite,the manager was shite and us the fans are shite.

BigOscar said:
The performance surprised me more than anything. Just couldn't anticipate us being so lifeless and lethargic, or so poor defensively
Lethargic. Didn't care enough

Not looking for forward passes or creativity so much when there are big players missing, but when there's so much at stake and we get so many frights from Sunderland, we should have woken up and reacted. We only reacted right at the end

Comes back to leaders on the pitch. We have Silva and Zabaleta. And Demichelis, but his legs have gone so we can't build a team around him.

We need a Vieira type player.

Disappointed, no doubt about it. Nasri's goal was a lucky escape from embarrassment.
but we're not getting the right decisions from the refs.

After 2012 and massive spending I was hoping for dominance like arsenal and Man U in their eras.never thought we' d find it hard to get up for games like this and resort to excuses like good teams fighting for their life.we're fighting for the league f f s. I agree with others we do not have a mongrel to drive us and certainly kopany has not been as good this season,he needs a talent beside him.even yay a doesn't drive the team,and it is obvious we need another playmaker as every time silva is out we are nothing.lastly is anyone else sick of slow lethargic starts.

citymad said:
inbetween said:
Just got home.

A lot of thoughts still running through my head but that has to be the most crushing result of recent times. I honestly felt that even after Liverpool we could regroup and still snatch this title but tonight confirmed that it has certainly left our grip and even the players simply know it and probably already have their eyes on the World Cup.

I'm sick of hearing about this need to fight, show bottle and whatnot, these guys know more than anyone what is at stake. This result is not surprising, we have been playing pretty average at home ever since we lost to Chelsea, look at the Wigan result... The mentality was gone some time ago..... I think everyone can see that this result was coming, most of the last couple of home games we have been completely lacklustre and it was as though we just expect to turn up and win but to be frank it has usually happened thanks to moments of brilliance or a helping hand. At the moment I just don't think the belief or confidence is there that you would see in a title winning side. Negredo's performance tonight summed up what is going on... Just total frustration, mediocrity and without some world class creativity in Silva, we are lost.

Let's face facts, we weren't far off being rumbled at Arsenal, we were thereabouts at Liverpool but lost and we have taken 0 points from Chelsea all season. We have spent 14 days at the top of the league this year, okay that is because we have so many games in hand but tonight was THE chance to get right up Liverpool's arse and put some pressure on them going into this weekend but we were abysmal.

With respect to Sunderland I thought they played some decent football and did not look like a side that is sat rock bottom of the Premier League. At times they could well and easily of scored several goals but you just felt we weren't going to score any and that Sunderland were always comfortable. Unfortunately you just need that piece of quality to win you games like that but it didn't exist. We have some really good players but none of them are in form, none of them have confidence and only one of them seems to be fit.

Negredo is on his longest scoring draught probably in his career, Yaya is currently our top scorer for god sake. There is a serious confidence issue going on at City and I don't really understand why because it seems to of been lost around the time we played West Ham in the cup. We have some real world class players but they just aren't quite knitted together yet as a team and the rotation of strikers and juggling injuries has certainly damaged momentum.

With this in mind I'm afraid we do not deserve the title this year and whilst our consistency hasn't been bad we have thrown away the big chances to take a grip on this league. We could of won at Arsenal and really afforded any result at Liverpool but no we drew, a point therefore at Liverpool would of been good enough but we threw that away. I'm afraid at this level it is simply not good enough and the poor performance at home to Chelsea and the way we chucked away a point at Stamford Bridge all amounts to us being a 3rd place team this year I'm afraid.
Well summed up. The players and fans do not deserve to be title winners this year.

Maybe the players don't deserve the title. But the fans? Whatever.

Indeed well summed up. We haven't been playing well at home ever since we lost to Chelsea at home. And with excepttion of the United-game we seem to be able to play decent either one of the two halves. Arsenal away good 1st half, Southampton home good 2nd half, Liverpool away good 2nd half ... unfortunately yesterday we tried something else and played shite for 90 minutes.

It's a pity someway or the other that we have been hit by injuries or loss of form to the players that matter most. It's not an excuse (certainly last night), but it did have an influence. And I guess the PL is simply to tough a league to try and win it when chasing other cupcompetions as well.
I'm happy we won the League Cup but for next season I'd leave it to more than half the EDS to challange it.

Again I want to highlight Zabaleta. Indeed a fooking man coming back after being kicked again. The man looks exhausted because somehow Richards is injured or not up to it. He's probably the sole man in the squad that performs to his limits. As he did last season.

Was at the game last night and could hardly contain my anger at the teams overall attitude to this game - from when we scored they just turned off and the result was no real surprise as Sunderland wanted it more. I dont want to single out any players its a team sport! .....Pellers had no answer, he underestimates the teams in this league. The players were arguing among themselves and fucking shrugging shoulders at each other, even having a go at supporters!! Its over for this year, Liverpool's title and they will have deserved it over the season. Just like last season we have blown it when a title was there to take.We need to develop a mental winning attitude and ingrain that across team and the club....its just not there at the minute. Also, we as supporters need to have a look at ourselves, many left at 1-2 and atmosphere was as bad as I have seen it.

Re: Sunderland pre match thread

by eversince 76 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:53 am

TGR wrote:
The performance is irrelevant tonight it's the result that counts.
I really don't care how we do it as long as we win.
What worries me is that Sunderland are overdue a 'response'
I just hope they don't choose tonight to deliver it.
2-0 City.

Ducado wrote:
You are worried about a team at the bottom of the league beating us at home? What the hell has for in to some City fans!

Eversince 76 wrote:
Totally understand where TGR is coming from. If you don't, please try and gain some knowlegde about the history of the club.

Looking back I hope Ducado you learned an important lesson last night. We are City, we should never ever underestimate an opponent. Especially not Sunderland who we have beaten how many times in the last 4 seasons in PL-games? Nuff said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.