Sunderland

I was at that game in 91 it was brilliant, don’t remember the game itself just the Sunderland fans after. Was gobsmacked how good they were following a relegation.
The last big following in the old platt lane iirc?
Mackems were great that day, but was more important for us to finish 5th and above the rags, also for Quinn to hit 20 league goals for the season.

Yea I agree about biggest away support I saw at Maine Road . We were drinking In the Osbourne with a few of them . Top lads

Looks like we are getting new owners...one hell of a long way back ( to perennial relegation struggle.)
The last week's results probably combine to be our worst ever and the performance against the false Don's was pathetic.
Really hope you do as Donald needs to go sooner rather than later. So much for all the promises he made and I’ve read the cheeky twat still wants to keep some shares. I wonder why.
As an outsider looking in I thought it was a pity that Short‘s reign wasn’t successful, he certainly put plenty of money in but his appointments were shite.
Good luck mate.

the miracle of manchester city and our owners maybe a pipe dream for all clubs looking to recreate
sadly football and FFP and now covid-19 means money will be tightly controlled and not thrown around to freely

but it can also be for the greater of the game and value for your money will be now seen in any players transfer
manchester city also have to cut our cloth in this covid-19 ? and yes we still have a safety net but the thing city have over the rest is being debt free

that's the miracle we are debt free and making a profit and our market value is close to £2billion pounds
so remember its not as fairy tale as it seems ? our owners know they will make a very profit on the outlay when they bought manchester city for peanuts

so yes miracle can happen ? but manchester city was not the miracle everybody make us out to be
manchester city was a big gamble at the time and when money was being invited into football. but it was still a gamble and lot of hard work and good management and a board knowing what they are doing

manchester city are still far from the finish article after 11 years. but the foundations are solid. we are a very big part of what happens to football in the future and the blueprint of how to run a football club

i say good luck to any club wanting a miracle with new owners the dream is what keeps you going ?
but you have to remember nobody will give it to you on a plate it has to be right for both club and owners

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.