Super Football Education

OccupiedPalestineBlues

Team supported
Manchester City FC
It has occurred to me, today while watching us whup Wolves, that our match-day team is getting what is in effect a 'super football education' because they're playing competitive football at the highest domestic level, yet without crowd noise and they can therefore hear and follow their coaches instruction.
As supporters we may think that no crowd noise equals a lack of atmosphere, and fair enough that's one effect, but this is also a weird and totally surreal situation whereby the players play at full pelt with their coaches instructions clearly heard at every moment. The coaches can, through this awful quirk in how we live our lives, shout instruction and advice to players and not be drowned out by a stadium crowd.
What better environment for a truly awakening football education - imagine how quickly new players can bed in with their new coach when they can be actively coached playing full contact premier league football?

A conspiracy theorist would maybe think that helps explain the amount of youth on our bench tonight.

I've never coached football or played at any decent level - what are the thoughts of those who have ? ? ?
I'd be interested to know if having Guardiola barking in your ear while you play premier league football is likely to be a help or a hindrance!

It has occurred to me, today while watching us whup Wolves, that our match-day team is getting what is in effect a 'super football education' because they're playing competitive football at the highest domestic level, yet without crowd noise and they can therefore hear and follow their coaches instruction.
As supporters we may think that no crowd noise equals a lack of atmosphere, and fair enough that's one effect, but this is also a weird and totally surreal situation whereby the players play at full pelt with their coaches instructions clearly heard at every moment. The coaches can, through this awful quirk in how we live our lives, shout instruction and advice to players and not be drowned out by a stadium crowd.
What better environment for a truly awakening football education - imagine how quickly new players can bed in with their new coach when they can be actively coached playing full contact premier league football?

A conspiracy theorist would maybe think that helps explain the amount of youth on our bench tonight.

I've never coached football or played at any decent level - what are the thoughts of those who have ? ? ?
I'd be interested to know if having Guardiola barking in your ear while you play premier league football is likely to be a help or a hindrance!
Not seen many conspiracy theorists on these forums, usually a rational bunch I find

Not seen many conspiracy theorists on these forums, usually a rational bunch I find

My point was that they are playing football in circumstances made exceptional by the fact that they play without crowd noise so can clearly hear instruction from the coaching staff.
This surely impacts on how well game plans are followed and how quickly game plans can be changed. Pep can now micro-manage all players, not just those who get close to the technical area.
Anyone with any military background would maybe appreciate that speed of communication is a battle winner.

My point was that they are playing football in circumstances made exceptional by the fact that they play without crowd noise so can clearly hear instruction from the coaching staff.
This surely impacts on how well game plans are followed and how quickly game plans can be changed. Pep can now micro-manage all players, not just those who get close to the technical area.
Anyone with any military background would maybe appreciate that speed of communication is a battle winner.

I would agree and say it's the kind of thing I can see Pep doing. They get the experience without a pissed up know all in the crowd damaging their self-confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.