Super League Aftermath.

This is what I was alluding to above. The FA ostensibly have the owners over a barrel here.

Page 374:

I hereby declare that:
(i) I am not either directly or indirectly involved in or have the power to determine or influence the management or administration of another Football Club (including the direct or indirect holding of a Significant Interest in that Football Club) against which the Club may play fixtures in any Competition sanctioned by The Association and acknowledge that The Association may exercise its absolute discretion in the application of this Disqualifying Condition to protect the integrity of the game based on any involvement that I may have in more than one club given the position of those clubs in the game;

There are several clauses there that could’ve been breeched. But this, in part, is why I would like to see the private discussions during the planning made public. If it is true that Chelsea and us were basically told “join us or get left behind,” that would constitute “the power to determine or influence the management or administration of another Football Club”
This rule appears rather ambiguous and open to interpretation.

Have I misread this, or does it mean something other than what you are alluding to?

Surely we would be on the receiving end of the bolded statement, where others have attempted to influence another Football Club, namely City.

I stand to be corrected if wrong.

Any vast fines will just make the super league happen and a major court battle bankrupting the FA. The only punishment that would stand would be to fire those involved from the committees that make the decisions. While they are at it they could do something about the curruption in the game that sees the rags get a penalty every game and the dippers in there winning season get a penalty every time the dived in the box.

As I said, I was not trying to belittle your ownership as I am just uninformed, so it was more a 'looking from the outside with only mild interest' point of view, and you are right, same as Leicester, the owners there have done great things.

Never felt the profit was a major driver for Sheikh Mansour, but again that looking from outside as a non fan.
For what it's worth I think Leicester get dreadful, patronising, coverage in the media. In fact I can't remember anything about the ownership structure other than the helicopter crash.
Meanwhile the coverage of City has been unbelievable. Our accounts have been independently audited twice a year for more than a decade and they have been combed over by a battery of lawyers from UEFA and CAS and all our commercial rivals. There is, and never has been any evidence, we are "owned by a nation state." Sheikh Mansour has 76 per cent, Silverlake have 11pc and a Chinese group called CMC have 13 per cent. The "Abu Dhabi ownership" claim is fake news which is repeated daily in the mainstream media. I really hope your lot win the FA Cup this season.

Any vast fines will just make the super league happen and a major court battle bankrupting the FA. The only punishment that would stand would be to fire those involved from the committees that make the decisions. While they are at it they could do something about the curruption in the game that sees the rags get a penalty every game and the dippers in there winning season get a penalty every time the dived in the box.
Does the FA or PL really want to start a huge legal battle with their biggest clubs at this point in time. Do they really want to alienate the fans and players by punishing them. How is that fair? They need to come up with a way of healing this rift and any action should be directed at the owners. Why don't they change FFP rules to prevent leveraged debt for example? Or introduce a clause in the the next broadcast contract which ringfences large amounts of money to be spent on grassroots football or subsidising reduced ticket prices and prevents crooks like Kroenke or Joel Glazer from just filling their pockets.

This rule appears rather ambiguous and open to interpretation.

Have I misread this, or does it mean something other than what you are alluding to?

Surely we would be on the receiving end of the bolded statement, where others have attempted to influence another Football Club, namely City.

I stand to be corrected if wrong.
The point of all these agreements is to make sure that the existing power structure has some leeway to maintain its hold on power. As such, there will always be some ambiguity that is open to interpretation in the contracts/ agreements etc. I would expect the same from UEFA and the Premier League too.

The point is that as long as the clubs generally conform to the same set of rules, whether explicit or implicit, the organization will generally avoid pursuing petty, vindictive or otherwise minor offences.

The problem all of the SL clubs have is that they attempted to subvert the system for their own gain and in doing so, aggrieved all of the other parties involved. I think I read that there are 247 clubs in UEFA and 736 in the FA; so right now 235 UEFA clubs and 730 other FA clubs along with the respective management of those authorities are pissed off and out for blood.

When these clubs decided to fuck them off and then failed to stand up their league, in laughably short order no less; they lost all of their power. Moreso given the fan reactions. Previously, these clubs seemed to hold all of the cards because of their massive collective fan base. But their owners acting unilaterally undermined all of the benefits of such large fanbases and will likely find themselves at the mercy of all the other clubs.

Really wish City management had done better liaising with the fans because they surely wouldve realized just how poorly this was received.

This is what I was alluding to above. The FA ostensibly have the owners over a barrel here.

Page 374:

I hereby declare that:
(i) I am not either directly or indirectly involved in or have the power to determine or influence the management or administration of another Football Club (including the direct or indirect holding of a Significant Interest in that Football Club) against which the Club may play fixtures in any Competition sanctioned by The Association and acknowledge that The Association may exercise its absolute discretion in the application of this Disqualifying Condition to protect the integrity of the game based on any involvement that I may have in more than one club given the position of those clubs in the game;

There are several clauses there that could’ve been breeched. But this, in part, is why I would like to see the private discussions during the planning made public. If it is true that Chelsea and us were basically told “join us or get left behind,” that would constitute “the power to determine or influence the management or administration of another Football Club”
The club needs to tread carefully and distance itself from that cartel.
If City had been coerced into joining that unholy alliance then I have some sympathy. Anyone can make an error of judgement.
It is still a stain on the character of our club though and although I can forgive this massive error, I will never forget it.

I'm almost convinced City have played an absolute blinder here. My reasoning is that it is potentially the case that City 'agreeing' to join in was the catalyst for the original announcement, and if that's true and we knew that if the whole thing came crashing down there would be some clubs left with their arses in the breeze, and it wasn't going to be us it would be a great way to get revenge.

I could be rambling here, but the fact we didn't make a huge song and dance about it on social media makes me wonder...
The problem with these American owners is they are the WORST of the worst.

Kroenke is a major league arsehole. I've read stories where long time friends can't stand him anymore. He buys professional teams for no reason other than to print his own money. He couldn't care less how well they perform.

He is all about himself and money it appears.

The people of St. Louis, Missouri would probably hang him publicly if he showed his face in their City.

And i think we are all aware of the Glaziers in England. They also own the NFL team , the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Bar a few decent seasons and two good ones they haven't much cared if the team was good.

After they purchased the team, they demanded the city/county government build them a new stadium in the back of the taxpayers.

I'm not saying the idea of changing English football to reflect American style sport leagues is a good idea. Don't misunderstand me. I am saying they two American owners involved in this debacle of an plan are possibly two of the worst that could be involved, without a doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.