Super League Aftermath.

This isn't going away unfortunately.

These clubs need the money badly, hence I susepct the rush to do this. Their mistake was screwing up the pitch to us, Chelsea and others. It's clear that had they offered us an equal partnership, rather than one that was inferior to the one the real founders had, we'd have signed the contract. There's be no Carabao Cup Final, no CL semi-final and probably the defeat by Leeds would have been the last PL game we played.

They know now that it's ESL or domestic league but not both.
Do you think these statements that JP Morgan saying they’re pulling out and Amazon were never interested aren't true? If they are, the ESL can’t form anytime soon.

Seems UEFA are bumping the money in the CL, so that might paper over some cracks in some clubs’ finances.

The only other way to stop haemorrhaging is to run players’ contracts down and offer new ones on reduced terms. This could only work if all clubs did this though.

Agree unfortunately. Unless the power to make another attempt at this coup is removed of course, a chance exists view this promised review, but we will need to see if it is anymore than just PR;
This is why going after the owners, not the clubs is so important. The FA, PL and UEFA can put them over a barrel if they choose to.

This is why going after the owners, not the clubs is so important. The FA, PL and UEFA can put them over a barrel if they choose to.
So you keep saying, the FA,PL UEFA still don’t have any jurisdiction over the owners. Only the clubs. None of them can fine Sheik Mansoor or any owner, only the clubs. It’s not happening.

Do you think these statements that JP Morgan saying they’re pulling out and Amazon were never interested aren't true? If they are, the ESL can’t form anytime soon.

Seems UEFA are bumping the money in the CL, so that might paper over some cracks in some clubs’ finances.

The only other way to stop haemorrhaging is to run players’ contracts down and offer new ones on reduced terms. This could only work if all clubs did this though.
Why can’t they just go into administration? Aside from us,Chelsea and Milan (which was taken over by Elliot after the prior Chinese owner defaulted on its debt), all of the other clubs in the SL decided to spend as if they were going to continue to grow and have access to cheap capital. That is their fault. The system needs fixed because these clubs are allowed to continue to operate unviable long-term enterprises at the the expense of other clubs. Their shortsighted need to win comes with a cost and that cost is loads of debt and potential administration.

So you keep saying, the FA,PL UEFA still don’t have any jurisdiction over the owners. Only the clubs. None of them can fine Sheik Mansoor or any owner, only the clubs. It’s not happening.
They can all ban the clubs and hold them hostage. Basically make the clubs worthless without access to competition. Youre right, its probably not happening but they certainly could ransom access to their competitions if they wanted.

They can all ban the clubs and hold them hostage. Basically make the clubs worthless without access to competition. Youre right, its probably not happening but they certainly could ransom access to their competitions if they wanted.
They could, if they wanted injunctions and months/ years in the courts, which after great expense they would most likely lose.While that was going on the banned clubs would indeed set up their own league, and other clubs would then suffer.
You need to look at the real world not a world of extreme theories, and impossible solutions.

Why can’t they just go into administration? Aside from us,Chelsea and Milan (which was taken over by Elliot after the prior Chinese owner defaulted on its debt), all of the other clubs in the SL decided to spend as if they were going to continue to grow and have access to cheap capital. That is their fault. The system needs fixed because these clubs are allowed to continue to operate unviable long-term enterprises at the the expense of other clubs. Their shortsighted need to win comes with a cost and that cost is loads of debt and potential administration.
Please don’t get me wrong, that exactly what I think should happen.

Do you think it will happen?

They could, if they wanted injunctions and months/ years in the courts, which after great expense they would most likely lose.While that was going on the banned clubs would indeed set up their own league, and other clubs would then suffer.
You need to look at the real world not a world of extreme theories, and impossible solutions.
You mean real world like when the entirety of English sides was banned from continental competition for an indeterminate period before being allowed back 5 years later? All because of the actions of one clubs fans, not even the owners or club itself. The footballing world will be fine if owners walk away and clubs go into administration.

Please don’t get me wrong, that exactly what I think should happen.

Do you think it will happen?
At the end of the day, the Spanish clubs might but I suspect that Spain will bail them out before it gets to that point. Spuds is a real possibility too.

At the end of the day, the Spanish clubs might but I suspect that Spain will bail them out before it gets to that point. Spuds is a real possibility too.
That’s what I meant really. Do you think it will be allowed to happen to Real or Barca?

Spurs are in a right mess and may have to sell Kane to try to start to balance their books. I guess it will depend on how the BoE deal with servicing their loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.