Super League Aftermath.

i said it before and will say it again the super league will happen because the money from internet broadcaster is to big to turn down. football/investment/sponsorship/tv money/ it never changes

all football clubs would sell their grannies if it meant getting £billions each year. forget all this bollocks about the fans and being loyal to them haha. what all football fans want is to be winning silverware and titles. even if its selling their souls to be playing right at the top levels you know we all would take it in a flash

for me and many other fans football died in 1992. it become a business and corporate based and match going fans really meant nothing to them. match day revenue was not important to clubs anymore it was tv armchair fans paying a subscription fee to sky and fans around the world

you can bet the next time it comes around the internet companies will be fighting each other and trying to out bid each other for the rights. it will be a bidding war and blow sky out of the water

the major football broadcasters are fuelling the fire over the super league because of the fear in losing the tv rights
they have drummed up a fan revolution to put a stop to it. even pundits are drilled before the game to make as much noise as they can

sky and BT-sports are running scared of the internet companies that want to invest in football
most people in the world have internet at home or on the phone and if they ever got hold of football it would be like printing there own money ? Amazon or Disney would blow sky out of the water if they was allowed to bid for the rights

but sky and its premier league will be just about safe this time around because of clubs hands are tided
if they get the new law about clubs leaving gets voted in then nobody can leave and sky will be home and dry
everybody been fooled into thinking all the tv rights slots are up for sale and bidding has been invited ? but the truth is skysports slots are solid and and water tight and not on the table

the reason behind all this super league bashing from sky and BT-sports is when clubs would have left and signed up to the super league with a major internet company after a couple of seasons the amount of money they would have made from playing in the super league would have blown the clubs mind and they would demand changes in the uk and its broadcasting

sky would have been blown out of the water because the internet companies can offer much lower subscription fees each month and still make football clubs £billions. £7.99 a month or £80 a month its simple maths

but the top 6 clubs are not daft and you can bet sky will be used against a internet company to get a much better tv deal next time around and demand a big cut of the money from subscription fees

Haven't all the deals just been negotiated at the same rate as the previous one?

Haven't all the deals just been negotiated at the same rate as the previous one?
Yes, I was a bit surprised that Sky/BT agreed to that, unless they really were scared of the likes of Amazon and Disney. I felt had it gone to a bidding process that the deal would have been significantly lower given covid and associated financial issues.

Yes, I was a bit surprised that Sky/BT agreed to that, unless they really were scared of the likes of Amazon and Disney. I felt had it gone to a bidding process that the deal would have been significantly lower given covid and associated financial issues.
I'm not. ESPN are owned by Disney and haven't really shown any serious interest in the PL.
Amazon have started to show interest but it appears they are disappointed with the viewing figures.

yeah

the premier league (sky) have had to add a rule into the new deal that clubs can not just up and leave for a super league. but the window is still open from uefa with the new champions league format taking place.
its pretty much a super league anyway with teams being given a free pass into the champions league

for me its all about the tv rights and money with who owns them. its not really the football and setup or playing in europe. its the money from the broadcasters and if the internet companies offer crazy money then the clubs will listen

is the so called bidding war for the premier league rights a myth
funny how this round of bidding went through without any increase even with covid-19 more matches was shown live

i watched a interview with the old head of the premier league richard scudamore the other week
gary neville was asking the questions. the tv rights come up and he said it was his job to get the best deal for the clubs. its a auction bidding war and they are sold to the highest bidders (bullshit)

we all know its sky that control the premier league and there is not a auction for the main slots they are untouchable
set in stone ? the last bidding rights was for the BT sports slots and amazon was given 2 rounds of game

i know for a fact that if it was a open auction bidding war sky would never have a chance with the internet companies
this is why the super league was on the table ? clubs wanted a major internet investment but sky hold all the cards
so they took the champions league slots and wanted a change in the midweek games

now here is the funny bit the champions league slots by BT-sports are up for sale and a major internet company are all over it. uefa don't want any of it and are willing to sell to free to air channels and pay per view slots

Just reading this again from the CAS verdict Klopp in there predicting a super league breakout of maybe 10 clubs would be all our fault.
'If the richest people or countries can do what they want in football, then that could make the competition really difficult,' he said.

'I think that would lead automatically to a kind of world super league with, like, 10 clubs.'

What — the sort of league that Liverpool keep talking about, in those secret meetings with other elite members like Arsenal and Manchester United, that always end up being uncovered and reported in the media?

Meetings with foreign power-brokers, often American, who want to create a closed shop Champions League, composed of the established elite?

As for making competition difficult, Klopp went on to espouse the German vision of club ownership, a system so competitive it has resulted in Bayern Munich winning the Bundesliga title for the last eight seasons — when no club in the history of German football stretching back to 1903 had previously won more than three on the spin.

Just reading this again from the CAS verdict Klopp in there predicting a super league breakout of maybe 10 clubs would be all our fault.
'If the richest people or countries can do what they want in football, then that could make the competition really difficult,' he said.

'I think that would lead automatically to a kind of world super league with, like, 10 clubs.'

What — the sort of league that Liverpool keep talking about, in those secret meetings with other elite members like Arsenal and Manchester United, that always end up being uncovered and reported in the media?

Meetings with foreign power-brokers, often American, who want to create a closed shop Champions League, composed of the established elite?

As for making competition difficult, Klopp went on to espouse the German vision of club ownership, a system so competitive it has resulted in Bayern Munich winning the Bundesliga title for the last eight seasons — when no club in the history of German football stretching back to 1903 had previously won more than three on the spin.

Klopp is utterly full of shit! City haven’t spent a net spend more than the TV revenue deal money since 2015 on transfers. We are self sustained and haven’t touched the Sheikh’s money for the team for years.

Klopp should be questioning his board as to why a club that actually earns a greater revenue than City is spending a great deal less money on its team. I must say this once a month, but, WHERE THE FUCK DOES THE MONEY GO AT LIVERPOOL?!

If I was Klopp or a Liverpool fan, I’d be asking that question on a daily basis.

I’d also raise to him what he thinks about Liverpool inflating the transfer market with the sale of a quite good, but fucking average as fuck for the price, Coutinho for £142m. It wasn’t City buying or selling a player at that price, it was those cunts, so he’s moaning about something that his club have caused, not City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.