Super League Aftermath.

I can't see he new money helping the old money make buckets of money, this is a non starter IMO, it's best we kick a Dog whilst it's down and try to put these parasites out of business.

Thats quite alright , they can watch them in the Europa League. My point was that there's no need for a group like : lille, villareal , wolfsburg and salzburg in the champions league if we're going to call CL the greatest competition out there
but they've qualified for it on merit.

UEFA allowing teams to qualify on merit is a fault?
You do know how these groups are decided right ?
for example Lille was in the 1st pot when they drew the CL groups , they were there because they won the French League which is a low quality league. Lille was considered a better team than Real Madrid , Liverpool or Juventus just because they won the french league and these other teams didn't win their leagues but these other teams are competing in much more difficult leagues than Lille.
So yeah to you Lille is there 'on merit' ,to me Lille is there because they competed in a farmers league as compared to Liverpool or Real Madrid.
Teams like Tottenham, Leicester or Lazio would have a decent shot at winning the french league but they compete in better leagues so they didn't even qualify for the CL.

Last edited:
For me the biggest problem will be the non entity games towards the end of the super league. As the season progresses more teams without a chance of winning it are just going to through the motions. It will turn into a farce.

You do know how these groups are decided right ?
for example Lille was in the 1st pot when they drew the CL groups , they were there because they won the French League which is a low quality league. Lille was considered a better team than Real Madrid , Liverpool or Juventus just because they won the french league and these other teams didn't win their leagues but these other teams are competing in much more difficult leagues than Lille.
So yeah to you Lille is there 'on merit' ,to me Lille is there because they competed in a farmers league as compared to Liverpool or Real Madrid.
They didn't qualify at the expense of any of the teams you mentioned though, as they also qualified. Unless you're suggesting that the strongest leagues should have even more teams qualifying at the expense of lesser leagues? We could then have more than half the PL teams qualifying and it'd be like watching the PL mid week too :-)

They didn't qualify at the expense of any of the teams you mentioned though, as they also qualified. Unless you're suggesting that the strongest leagues should have even more teams qualifying at the expense of lesser leagues? We could then have more than half the PL teams qualifying and it'd be like watching the PL mid week too :-)
Would be a different format to the PL and why not ?
I rather see quality teams at it than non quality teams from Moldova and Ukraine losing 5-0 at home to Real Madrid. But they are most welcome to lose 5-0 at home in the Europa League!

Would be a different format to the PL and why not ?
I rather see quality teams at it than non quality teams from Moldova and Ukraine losing 5-0 at home to Real Madrid. But they are most welcome to lose 5-0 at home in the Europa League!
So what's your qualifying criteria for 'quality teams'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.