Superstitions.

Gelsons Dad

It's said to be bad luck to have bananas on a boat.
Whilst stocking up a couple of days ago I mentioned this to my daughters but we agreed that it's nonsense so bought a bunch to munch on.

Earlier today while starting an outboard motor I whacked my eldest in the face and broke her nose. Yes really. She's just had it set and will have an x-ray tomorrow when we get back to civilisation.

The Bananas are no longer on board.

Take care my friends take care!

I've got an in-law who is the most superstitious person you could ever meet. She's never turned a gyspy away from her door and always buys lucky heather off them. She is so superstitious you can wind her up by making up almost anything. I once told her I'd had a dream and I was going to die on a certain date. She went mad and told me I shouldn't joke about it because it might come true. I rang her up every week to say "another week gone, won't be long now" She used to go fucking mental. I would also suddenly stand up and say something like, If I walk around this chair three times with my hand on my head chanting 'bring bad luck to this house' something terrible will happen. She knew I was taking the piss but would jump up and stop me before I did the third circuit, and then call me a bastard. I haven't done it for ages, but I will do it again the next time I see her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.