Support the Teachers' Strike

Phil Meup

things are gonna change - I can feel it!!!!
Thank god someone's trying to preserve education, despite that lunatic Gove's interventions.
Teachers do a bloody good job in difficult circumstances & deserve decent pay and conditions. Education is the foundation of society!
Teachers are leaving the role in droves and we need to respect and support them!

I don't think pay's actually an issue. Obviously everyone would like more money, but what teachers actually want is an end to the endless pissing about with their job. You don't get politicians telling the military what sort of tactics they should be using, or telling surgeons how to do their job. But when it comes to teaching, they all think they're an expert, and can give teachers instructions on the tiniest aspects of their jobs. How about simply giving the trained professionals the freedom to do their job how they see fit, with supervision from other trained professionals, and give them enough money to reduce class sizes? It's not rocket science.

Great thread Phil.

I have done a lot of work in schools over recent years and it is plain that the expectations of the government, parents and governors have far outstripped the capacity of teachers to deliver.

I'm With Stupid said:
I don't think pay's actually an issue. Obviously everyone would like more money, but what teachers actually want is an end to the endless pissing about with their job. You don't get politicians telling the military what sort of tactics they should be using, or telling surgeons how to do their job. But when it comes to teaching, they all think they're an expert, and can give teachers instructions on the tiniest aspects of their jobs. How about simply giving the trained professionals the freedom to do their job how they see fit, with supervision from other trained professionals, and give them enough money to reduce class sizes? It's not rocket science.

Not rocket science but spot on.

Trouble is this Government, and every Government, want to to do Education on the cheap. Instead of making teaching one of the best jobs in the country we continually do it down and make it much harder than it needs to be.

The job should be attracting the brightest graduates to teach the best commodity we have, our children. Instead we pile on so much paperwork that thousands are leaving through burn-out each year. Crazy.

It's not about bring over-worked. We are attempting to develop a structure that enables trained, motivated and dedicated professionals to continue to support and educate our children.

People whose only experience in education is being a pupil. Many many years ago, really should do some research before spouting their hate. And I don't just mean Gove here...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.