Treasurers Report

PRO Report

Travel Report

Social Sec Report

Membership Report

Charity Report

General Sec Report

Re-election of OSC officials

@Tim of the Oak doesn’t look much opportunity to ask questions there does there? Unless they open it up after the Gen Sec report.

Re-election doesn’t look like they are putting anyone other than the same people up either! Do they ever open it up or not? Just curious.
:-)

Last year’s AGM was pretty short so this one might be the same. There were a couple of questions asked last year but they seemed to be localised issues that I didn’t understand.

The Re-election part is just my short hand / mistake. I think people have the chance to vote for some of the positions.

@Tim of the Oak doesn’t look much opportunity to ask questions there does there? Unless they open it up after the Gen Sec report.

Re-election doesn’t look like they are putting anyone other than the same people up either! Do they ever open it up or not? Just curious.
:-)
Of course it is open for anyone to stand though in my experience very few people put themselves up for election.
I was both secretary and treasurer for the Rochdale branch from around 98 until it folded around 2003 or 4 simply as no one else would do it. Didnt even live in Rochdale but Moston but the meetings were 20 / 25 mins away down Broadway!

As for asking questions, the last item on the agenda should be "any other business" which is where questions should be asked.

In this day of electronic communication, all of those reports from various committee members should have been emailed 2 weeks ago to branches so they can email them to members. Then at the AGM it can be said "you have had the opportunity to read the reports.....any questions?

PS is there a.buffet after?

Last edited:
In my experience very few people put themselves up for election.
I was both secretary and treasurer for the Rochdale branch from around 98 until it folded around 2003 or 4 simply as no one else would do it. Didnt even live in Rochdale but Moston but the meetings were 20 / 25 mins away down Broadway!

I know what you mean Mad Eyed Screamer. I’ve bust an ankle but I’ve still got Members dropping off season cards and bits of kit for me to pass on to their friends and family. Our Branch is growing steadily but getting people to contribute is more difficult.

Btw I’ve started on the Stouts early by way of an anaesthetic!

Had a positive morning / early afternoon at the AGM. Highlights included.

- 21,364 members from 276 Branches, with the numbers rising as Branches submit their return for this season.
- £20k donated to City in the Community with the donation to rose this year.
- OSC Board re-elected with the exception of the Finance Secretary whose health hasn’t allowed them to continue.

@Tim of the Oak et al, I looked out for you Tim but didn’t see you. However I have a confession to make folks!

I hold my hands up & say I was a coward, I didn’t ask the question I was going to ask. In my defence it was mainly because, after speaking to a friend at the game yesterday, I was concerned that if I asked it my own branch might be ‘targeted’ and ‘punished’. I didn’t feel that it would be fair to my branch because in that meeting it was which branch you represented not what your name was. So my branch could have been tarred with the same brush so to speak! So I was a coward & I apologise to everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.