Supporters Clubs- fact or fiction?

daveduke67

Can I just ask where the people who obvioulsy have something against our Supporters Clubs and in particular the number of tickets that are allocated for matches, get their information from? It isn't knowledge gained from actually being a member of one as they would know exactly how it works.

I'm guessing that in typical Bluemoon fashion, they have read something on a forum and taken it as an accurate, unbiased and factual statement. This information is enhanced a little and reposted. Whereupon it is re-read, enhanced further and reposted. And so on.

Seeing as it is 'common knowledge', and has been for some time, that the SCs get disproportionate allowances for games - Wembley, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. why haven't the clubs each got several hundred more members who would be eligible for the unfairly allocated tickets?

Maybe, but I seriously doubt this will happen, the people who are slating the SCs allocations and distribution of tickets reconsider the origin of their information. Will they still feel that it is a reliable unbiased source and not just overinflated nonsense in the main started by disgruntled fans who aren't going to get a ticket simply because they don't have enough points and have chosen to take out their frustration on the easiest target?

And yes I am in one and got mine through it. I'd have got one during the first few days anyway so it makes no difference that the SC got it for me. The only reason I did it through them is to allow me to sit with people I know and I didn't have to ring or queue as the someone in the club arranges the tickets.

The SC's have many fans who have been going for a long time and would qualify for tickets for pretty much most games. So the fact that they are allocated to an SC makes it appear that the SC is getting an unfair allocation or preferential treatment when in fact all it is doing is saving a member having to ring or queue to get their ticket.

I'm sure there are a few people who will get a ticket who may not have done had they not been members of an SC - as there are many more who are getting them from non-City supporting friends who work at the club or are employees at united, but not in the huge numbers that is being suggested by many on here. How many people have got tickets off friends who aren't going but have been allowed to use their seasoncard to get one - blatant disregard for the T&Cs the club insist on when a S/C is purchased.

I've been going away games with the osc for years coach to the game and you and all your mates sat together it's what makes things good about awaydays nobody moaned about away game tickets before this semi final and I think this could now make it difficult for branches to get away match tickets with you all sat together

And the fact is that you had to have the correct loyalty points to get a ticket anyway

N-LE-W BLUE. said:
I've been going away games with the osc for years coach to the game and you and all your mates sat together it's what makes things good about awaydays nobody moaned about away game tickets before this semi final and I think this could now make it difficult for branches to get away match tickets with you all sat together

And the fact is that you had to have the correct loyalty points to get a ticket anyway

It's this bit that the naysayers are finding hard to believe. They seem to think that an OSC is a queue-jumping institution.

daveduke67 said:
Can I just ask where the people who obvioulsy have something against our Supporters Clubs and in particular the number of tickets that are allocated for matches, get their information from? It isn't knowledge gained from actually being a member of one as they would know exactly how it works.

I'm guessing that in typical Bluemoon fashion, they have read something on a forum and taken it as an accurate, unbiased and factual statement. This information is enhanced a little and reposted. Whereupon it is re-read, enhanced further and reposted. And so on.

Seeing as it is 'common knowledge', and has been for some time, that the SCs get disproportionate allowances for games - Wembley, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. why haven't the clubs each got several hundred more members who would be eligible for the unfairly allocated tickets?

Maybe, but I seriously doubt this will happen, the people who are slating the SCs allocations and distribution of tickets reconsider the origin of their information. Will they still feel that it is a reliable unbiased source and not just overinflated nonsense in the main started by disgruntled fans who aren't going to get a ticket simply because they don't have enough points and have chosen to take out their frustration on the easiest target?

And yes I am in one and got mine through it. I'd have got one during the first few days anyway so it makes no difference that the SC got it for me. The only reason I did it through them is to allow me to sit with people I know and I didn't have to ring or queue as the someone in the club arranges the tickets.

The SC's have many fans who have been going for a long time and would qualify for tickets for pretty much most games. So the fact that they are allocated to an SC makes it appear that the SC is getting an unfair allocation or preferential treatment when in fact all it is doing is saving a member having to ring or queue to get their ticket.

I'm sure there are a few people who will get a ticket who may not have done had they not been members of an SC - as there are many more who are getting them from non-City supporting friends who work at the club or are employees at united, but not in the huge numbers that is being suggested by many on here. How many people have got tickets off friends who aren't going but have been allowed to use their seasoncard to get one - blatant disregard for the T&Cs the club insist on when a S/C is purchased.

I have previously been a member of two OSCs at different times but would like to state that I am not at the moment.

I have posted before on BM that those OSCs who (allegedly) break the rules should be named and shamed but I have never seen an OSC being highlighted as breaking the rules.

I know of many times when OSCs haven't been given the allocation that they have asked for as the demand has been too great and they have subsequently over subscribed. I have always had to give my seasoncard details to obtain tickets and I have only got them when I have had the necessary loyalty points.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
N-LE-W BLUE. said:

It's this bit that the naysayers are finding hard to believe. They seem to think that an OSC is a queue-jumping institution.

I have it on good authority from a prominent member of a very active OSC that people without ST have been able to get semi-final tickets through that particular OSC using the STs of other members who are not attending the game but have sufficient points. I accept that, as the OP states, the numbers are probably not major, but it is, as he says, against the terms and conditions of that season ticket.

I am also aware that the family of the chairman of that club have only attended two games this season, both using others' STs...the home and away derbies!

Furthermore, the OSCs were approached before the Chelsea game to assess interest in that game and it was based on the feedback of those that the smaller allocation was taken, thereby preventing any fan with a lower number of loyalty points or not a member of an OSC from attending....the points rich get points richer, the poor stay poor....

I'm not against OSC, and I have not missed out on a Wembley ticket BUT...

A friend of mine has got a ticket from a supporters club he doesn't attend.... it's his dad that attends, and his dad has aquired 5 £50 tickets sat together, which will be given to family members who cannot get one under their own right.

Is this right?

RP2 said:
I'm not against OSC, and I have not missed out on a Wembley ticket BUT...

A friend of mine has got a ticket from a supporters club he doesn't attend.... it's his dad that attends, and his dad has aquired 5 £50 tickets sat together, which will be given to family members who cannot get one under their own right.

Is this right?

I read that as your friends Dad is the only one who is eligible for a ticket under normal circumstances and he has acquired four more for non-qualifying non-members of the SC.

I find it hard to believe that there are no members of that particular club who haven't qualified for a ticket and are quite happy to see four tickets go to non-members whilst they go without. Or has the SC been given so many tickets that not only the qualifying supporters get tickets, but the non-qualifying fans and, even after dishing those out, there are still spares for people who aren't even in the SC.

Unless your friends Dad has tapped up four people who are eligible and aren't going and got their tickets. In that case it is the members who claimed tickets knowing that they wouldn't be going, who's peoples anger should be directed to as it is they who have abused the privilige not the SC itself. But doesn't this happen with S/C holders too - the ones who have 5000 or more loyalty points and buy every ticket going yet only keep hold of the derby one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.