Sven Goran Eriksson

Ric said:
Ok, let's hypotheise for a minute here. Put another manager in charge of the current squad and who would they pick?! Our squad is woefully imbalanced. Perhaps Hughes is to blame for that, but no one can legislate for the loss of integral first team players. Losing Petrov, Johnson and Bojinov has hit us hard. We don't have the depth of other teams.

Let's hypothetically put you in charge jay, what starting XI would you pick out of the current available players?

And where would you play them against which opponents?

Ric said:
Ok, let's hypotheise for a minute here. Put another manager in charge of the current squad and who would they pick?! Our squad is woefully imbalanced. Perhaps Hughes is to blame for that, but no one can legislate for the loss of integral first team players. Losing Petrov, Johnson and Bojinov has hit us hard. We don't have the depth of other teams.

Let's hypothetically put you in charge jay, what starting XI would you pick out of the current available players?

Hart
Garrido
Dunne
Richards
Zab
Kompany
Ireland
Elano
Robinho
SWP
Jo/Benjani (both as bad as each other)

That would be 4-3-3 with SWP on the right. The team are only half the problem...tactics, substitutions, man-management, interviews, blaming ref's, blaming anything and anyone but himself, playing Vass consistently and many other things that are wrong with us at the moment.

However, my point has never really been about current form that was until it got so bad you just couldn't dismiss it. I felt exactly the same about Hughes after we beat Arsenal 3-0 as what I do tonight and that is that he isn't the man to take us forward and get us challenging for the title or champions league qualification.

jay_mcfc said:
Ric said:

Hart
Garrido
Dunne
Richards
Zab
Kompany
Ireland
Elano
Robinho
SWP
Jo/Benjani (both as bad as each other)

That would be 4-3-3 with SWP on the right. The team are only half the problem...tactics, substitutions, man-management, interviews, blaming ref's, blaming anything and anyone but himself, playing Vass consistently and many other things that are wrong with us at the moment.

However, my point has never really been about current form that was until it got so bad you just couldn't dismiss it. I felt exactly the same about Hughes after we beat Arsenal 3-0 as what I do tonight and that is that he isn't the man to take us forward and get us challenging for the title or champions league qualification.

Fair do's, although that's pretty much the team that lost to Everton. I think we should dismiss his interviews/ blaming refs etc as that happens after the game.

I'm starting to agree he might not be the man to take us forward, but there's no one available now who'd be a worthwhile replacement (unless you can name one?). Surely it makes more sense to give him until the end of the season, and then re-evaluate and, y'know, get behind the team/management until then? I trust him in January, as most City fans will agree his signings (SWP, Kompany, Zabaleta, Robinho) have strengthened the squad? Obviously TBH wasn't a great signing, and Jo was never his man, but on the whole his record in the transfer market is as good, if not better, than Erikkson?

His buys have been top class to be honest, absolutely no complaints there. There's a couple of things though...1 will the big players sign for us with Hughes as manager and 2 when is the right time to sack anybody? As far as I can see this season is going to pot anyway. Perhaps giving him until the end of the season is the sensible thing to do but with so many fans turning against him and with there seemingly being dressing room problems then there are definitely reasons for him to go sooner. We'll wait and see.

Corky said:
8-1, he gave up on us.

No the players put in another dreadful performance and walked away with 35K in the bank. Not Svens fault !

MCFC_Freestyler said:
GET HIM BACK!!!!!!!

His football style would be perfect for the team we have now, sweep and robinho will have a field day

I said it at the time and i will say it again we fucked up big time getting rid of him

i'd have him over hughes anyday of the week

i'm sure alot of people on here wouldn't mind seeing Sven back at city in Jan!!!!!!!!

No Way!!!!!!!!!

MCFC_Freestyler said:
GET HIM BACK!!!!!!!

His football style would be perfect for the team we have now, sweep and robinho will have a field day

I said it at the time and i will say it again we fucked up big time getting rid of him

i'd have him over hughes anyday of the week

i'm sure alot of people on here wouldn't mind seeing Sven back at city in Jan!!!!!!!!
what a load of total bull shit. were just as bad id not better at the moment than we were the second half of last season. hughes has bought well so far (SWP, kompany, zab) nobody will grumble at any of those, so give him fuckin time to get his own squad together then judge him!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.