Sven interview on his time at City

Sven should deliver something to prove his point.
He is not in top tier league but still being in Leicester City given a good reason while many top teams has been in market for a good manager.

mammutly said:
I've heard similar stories - and not all of Thaksin's antics were confined to boardroom meetings. He did take his rantings into the dressing room. I believe it is another 3 years before Wardle is able to go public about any of the events of the Thaksin era, but any City fan who believes the man in any way saved the club is completely wrong.

Bernard Halford has always been a City man

That's funny - I interviewed John Wardle during 2010 for the book I'm writing on the takeovers and he talked in detail about it. The book's been delayed until summer 2011 ("The Journey: Rebuilding Manchester City").

I was really grateful to John and he talked with genuine passion and interest on both takeovers and his time at City.

As for Thaksin.... I've not read all of this thread yet but it's very easy for us to point out all the negatives but those within the Club at the time should have taken steps back then to defend the team, the Club, the fans etc. if they felt there was anything they disagreed with. Those that did, including John Wardle and various permanent staff, should be applauded. Sadly, there were plenty of people who didn't.

It has to be stressed as well that Thaksin did a lot of good within the Club and that without him City would not have found Sheikh Mansour etc. City could have died without Thaksin or at least gone into a coma that would have made 34 years seem like a dream (with Thaksin the financial situation may have worsened but the glamour, appointment of Sven, ability to attract new investment all helped raise City's profile and ambition)! John Wardle talked honestly about the financial situation pre-Thaksin.

Meant to add that when I met Sven there was an aura around him that made you like him. He had charisma and was certainly (as far as City were concerned) a gent.

Like most fans I was sad to see him go, but I believe we have a much better future now with Mancini.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
pɹɐʇsɐq ǝnlq said:
No Thaksin, no Sheik Mansour.

My last post on this thread.

Nonsense.

The most influential, shrewd and forward thinking people ever to be involved in football make their decisions on how and when to invest based upon the influence of a corrupt, unstable, power hungry, small time little ****?

I don't think so.

Don't confuse them having 'contact' with this tosser with them either rating his opinion or even respecting him.

What a gross disservice this 'No Thaksin, No Sheik' rubbish does to our owners.

Whose opinion has more credibility... Gary James or yours? One, a long-time critic of Thaksin, another, the person who has possibly the most knowledge of City other than managers or board members... Hmm, tough call!

I'll go with Gary James view that without Thaksin there would have been no Mansour.

And the proof that this is correct?

Mackintosh spent 5 years flying the world trying to find investors.... yet within ONE year Thaksin had renewed the image of City to such an extent we are now the wealthiest club in the world.

Coincidence? Yeah, sure it is...

Sven is a muppet in my opinion, always has been and always will be. Horribly overrated manager. I was delighted he got the boot at City.

I noticed one of his buys, Caicedo, it looking pretty good these days.

Panthera Tigris said:
Sven is a muppet in my opinion, always has been and always will be. Horribly overrated manager. I was delighted he got the boot at City.

I noticed one of his buys, Caicedo, it looking pretty good these days.

and your point about Caicedo is what exactly ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.