Swans v Man City Pre Match Thread 1/1/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
pee dubya said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not looking forward to this one.

Don't fancy us for the three points and a draw might be the best we can get at a push.

We have understandably looked a little leggy in recent games and Swansea are exactly the type of team who can make it very difficult for us in terms of ball retention and taking the likes of Yaya out of the equation with their passing.

As others have said, Shelvey can cause us a lot of problems running in that space between midfield and our defenders.

Silva will be a big miss and I would be a lot more confident if Aguero was on the pitch and we could at least carry that counter threat and outscore them.

A 4-5-1 with Milner sat alongside Fernandinho and Yaya playing a little closer to Nasri and Negredo.

Hope for the above, otherwise a 2-2 or a 3-2 loss.
I don't think Swansea are playing with the same intensity and energy as they have done in previous seasons (wouldn't be surprised if Laudrup moves on in the Summer), add in injuries and fixture congestion, i think we should be looking to win. I'm actually more confident about this one than i normally would be.

Don't worry about that they will be full of energy when city come to town like all teams are! I'd take a draw now especially with the players we are missing..
If theyre capable of being full of energy then so are we. They have injuries and Europa league to content with. The only advantage they have is that its at their ground. They are a good footballing side but I dont see any reason we cant win this.

Ofcourse it'll be a difficult game. s is practically any in this league. We are on a good run and keep improving away from home, not just resultwise. Silva suspended couldhaunt us, but Nasri did ok when we were without him before.
December and January is all about getting and grinding out results. Nearly all teams have dropped points during the festive fixtures, but if we can win at Swansea it would be a 100% score. Think we might nick this one.

Swansea have played more games than we have this season and they have a thin squad. I reckon they'll have a season like Newcastle did last season. For me we've got our best chance of getting our first win at the Liberty tomorrow because of this.

I worry about not having Silva though. We live on a knife edge just having Silva and Nasri in the whole squad of players of their type. It's probably the worst strength in depth of any top five side in all the top leagues in Europe. We're not even got a young lad in the squad of that type. I find it really bizarre that we've allowed this to happen.

Even so, Nasri is having a very good season and I'm hoping for a goal and an assist from him tomorrow to make up for there being no Silva for his stupid act in getting booked just seconds before the ban hammer stretched to ten cards.

KippaxCitizen said:
Swansea have played more games than we have this season and they have a thin squad. I reckon they'll have a season like Newcastle did last season. For me we've got our best chance of getting our first win at the Liberty tomorrow because of this.

I worry about not having Silva though. We live on a knife edge just having Silva and Nasri in the whole squad of players of their type. It's probably the worst strength in depth of any top five side in all the top leagues in Europe. We're not even got a young lad in the squad of that type. I find it really bizarre that we've allowed this to happen.

Even so, Nasri is having a very good season and I'm hoping for a goal and an assist from him tomorrow to make up for there being no Silva for his stupid act in getting booked just seconds before the ban hammer stretched to ten cards.
if Jovetic was fit he could fill in.

Quite simply, with our difficult run of away fixtures in the second half of the season games like this are must win and anything short of 3 points isn't good enough.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Quite simply, with our difficult run of away fixtures in the second half of the season games like this are must win and anything short of 3 points isn't good enough.
True
Hull,Norwich,palace & this game are our easiest remaining fixtures away & games we need to be winning
Especially with the hard ones to come

Newcastle
Tottenham
Arsenal
Liverpool
Rags
Everton

If Hull and Palace are the equivalent of Reading and Wigan last year

Our away form against these sides was as follows

Hull/Wigan 3 pts
Palace/Reading 3 pts
Norwich 3 points
Swansea 1 pt
Newcastle 3 pts
Tottenham 0 pts
Arsenal 3 points
Liverpool 1 point
Rags 3 points
Everton 0 pts

A total of 20 points out of a maximum 30. If we can achieve this again and maintain our home form we should be there or thereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.