Swansea (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the old man to his first game in about 20 years this Sunday. Better put in a performance, although we're both resigned to the fact that odds are we'll be crap and get beat 2-0.

I did'nt say we'd get beat 2-0.

I think the smart move would be to keep the same team and make Fernandinho and Aguero fight their way back in. We don't need either of them right now. Up to them to make themselves undroppable.

Nice rest after this (I think) so why not? Maybe give Touré a rest but I'm not convinced he needs it. There's an FA Cup game coming up that looks perfect for a touch of rotation. This team need to play with eachother as much as possible if we're to beat Monaco.

Think Swansea will put up a fight but we'll win. 2-1 City, Jesus and Touré to score.

By the way, just look at their forum. There's a thread dedicated to them bricking it over us tearing WHU apart last night.

I think the smart move would be to keep the same team and make Fernandinho and Aguero fight their way back in. We don't need either of them right now. Up to them to make themselves undroppable.

Nice rest after this (I think) so why not? Maybe give Touré a rest but I'm not convinced he needs it. There's an FA Cup game coming up that looks perfect for a touch of rotation. This team need to play with eachother as much as possible if we're to beat Monaco.

Think Swansea will put up a fight but we'll win. 2-1 City, Jesus and Touré to score.

By the way, just look at their forum. There's a thread dedicated to them bricking it over us tearing WHU apart last night.
Link?

Swansea on a good run of late, won 3 of their last 4, most recently Southampton and before that Liverpool. However, play anything like we did last night and it should be comfortable.

It's a big chance to break into the top 4 as we have arguably the 'easiest' fixture on paper. Chelsea play Arsenal, Liverpool away to Hull and Spurs at home to Middlesborough and all play on Saturday, so we'll know the situation before kicking a ball.

As for the lineup...
Kompany to return? Seems harsh after the game last night but we're at our best when he plays.
Clichy for Kolarov? Just don't feel comfortable with Kolarov at left back.
Does Fern get back into the side?
Does Jesus remain ahead of Aguero...or does he play both?

Caballero
Sagna
Otamendi
Kompany
Clichy
Toure
Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
G. Jesus
Sane
I like Kolarov at left centre back in a back 4. I would bring Kompany back in as we have Monaco coming up and I would like him to be as match-fit as possible for that.

We also have some very big games in the League after that: Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal (probably in a different order).

Quite a few question marks for me. Do we go to a back 3? Do we recall Aguero?

City look very very good at the moment, which is the moment to worry.

They can only fight their way back in if they're given opportunities to play. And not just the last 20 mins when the game is over and we're winding down the clock.

I'm sure that Pep will recognise that the starting 11 were exceptional yesterday, but also that Aguero, Fernandhino, Kompany (when fit) are very fine players and can make a major contribution in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.