Swap Deal: Gundogan to Spurs Dembele to us?

Agreed. I really don't see it with him. He's a good player alright, but I wouldn't go any further than that. Son is far more effective.
One of those players that someone said was underrated once so everyone else has to boast about how they 'see it' for fear of missing our, instead of actually watching the game

I understand our reservations about such a move and I must also say that I have reservations too. However Mousa Dembele has proven himself with some eye catching central midfield displays over the years in the league and even in Europe. I remember that game against Juve where he absolutely bossed the midfield in Turin and we were all in awe. The other leg where they lost out in a rather bizzare fashion, he again showed Europe that he was a boss. Even against Madrid iirc, he showed his rare class.

It's absolutely untrue to claim that he excels at nothing and I know he's struggled lately and that further forward, he's not all that but no one single player has got all the answers and no single player hasn't suffered difficult spells. Rather unfair to write off his years of brilliance even while at Fulham because of unconvincing performances of late.

I also recognize he his in his thirties but if Gundogan still struggles mentally because of bad injuries of the past there's not much of a difference between him, a 27 year old and a 31 year old, imo. The issues that Gundo have struggled with this season have been well documented here.

Worth considering in my opinion.

You've been watching a different Dembele to me. He has been totally average and I have watched Spurs many times this season.

If its not broke don't fix it,gundy is one of the pieces that fit together to make us the best team in prem history
I'm not going to argue with you Karen and the mods can please close this thread so that peace would reign, but I'm simply making what i reckon are fair observations.

We must always improve when we can, Karen. Gundo played his part in a record smashing team and I absolutely love him for it but there's reason why we are being linked to a Jorginho even though Fern was arguably the best CM in the league this year.

Dembele is one of the very best CMs in the league today. His ability to control the midfield is hardly rivalled, shields the ball with such finesse, very difficult to get to ball away from him, technically brilliant, has a good drive from midfield, helps Spurs' build up play a lot and feeds their forwards immensely but generally goes unnoticed. His ability to dribble past players is unrivalled amongst his counterparts in central midfield in the league.

Judging by the last two seasons that Gundo has been with us, assuming we had a chance to sign one player out of the two this summer, I'd go for Dembele as much as I love Gundo if I'm telling myself the truth.

My only reservation about him is that injuries have had their toll on him over the years.

I'm not going to argue with you Karen and the mods can please close this thread so that peace would reign, but I'm simply making what i reckon are fair observations.

We must always improve when we can, Karen. Gundo played his part in a record smashing team and I absolutely love him for it but there's reason why we are being linked to a Jorginho even though Fern was arguably the best CM in the league this year.

Dembele is one of the very best CMs in the league today. His ability to control the midfield is hardly rivalled, shields the ball with such finesse, very difficult to get to ball away from him, technically brilliant, has a good drive from midfield, helps Spurs' build up play a lot and feeds their forwards immensely but generally goes unnoticed. His ability to dribble past players is unrivalled amongst his counterparts in central midfield in the league.

Judging by the last two seasons that Gundo has been with us, assuming we had a chance to sign one player out of the two this summer, I'd go for Dembele as much as I love Gundo if I'm telling myself the truth.

My only reservation about him is that injuries have had their toll on him over the years.

You're entitled to your opinion, so I don't know why your thread should be closed.
But bloody hell, you massively overrate Dembele, in my opinion.

Your post is all kinds of wrong but it's your thread

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.