Swap Deal: Gundogan to Spurs Dembele to us?

Don't disagree with your general summation of him. He's absolutely a luxury player but if he was more consistent, turning up in say 6-7/10 games rather than 3-4 at best, he's a luxury a lot of elite clubs would like to have.

I think they'd rather have another attacker to make the difference up front. Would Barcelona rather have Ousmane Dembelé/Griezmann on the pitch with Messi and Suarez, or another player who's job is to keep possession (who'd be pretty redundant in 90% of games)?

Dembele is insane, his dribbling is probably the best in the league.
I don't think it's Dembele that's insane. I'll have a pint of what you're drinking!
He's just an "enforcer", and not a very good one. Get's away with more fouls than most, but you expect that as he plays for Tottingham. A move here would see him suspended more often than not.

No thanks.

Dembele is a classy player, but Gundogan has much more about him and is younger. No chance

Only the highlights. 2 CL games does not make a season.
Yes indeed however my thoughts about him this season is that for long parts of this season the times I've watched him is that he has delivered excellent to world class performances that easily go unnoticed. For example I watched their victory against United in January iirc and he bossed the center in such a manner that only our own Silva could and I asked myself who the 90m man was between him and Pogba. Had Pogba in his back pocket all game but in such a manner that wouldn't immediately catch the eye except one paid attention. Fast forward to the FA cup semis I thought he was awful.

He has been nothing special to awful towards the end of the season and I know that people tend to remember recent events more and forget past ones pretty easily and so I expected this sort of reaction.

Gundogan on the other hand is doing well but frustrates quite a bit too. Defensively I don't think he is any better than Dembele, offensively yeah I'll give you that one. I'd trust Gundo more in and around the opposition box but there's one winner at the center of the park for me. I know there's that hope that Gundo will get closer to the performances of his Dortmund days but if it was a choice to be made based on what we have seen of the two in the last 2 years there's only one winner for me.

That said I do believe his injuries have slowed him down and his age doesn't help as well so we'd be better served if we a younger and fitter player.

Fast forward to the FA cup semis I thought he was awful.

He was fine against Pogba when they could isolate him and play triangles around him in the opening period, but once they went one-on-one Pogba outmuscled him easily and set up the equalizer. Dembele basically folded thereafter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.