Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCFC1993

Sweden v Ukraine

Tuesday 29th June 2021

Kicks off at 20:00 (BST) at Hampden Park in Glasgow, Scotland. Capacity at 25%, approximately 12,000.

Coverage begins at 19:30 (BST) on BBC 1, no other information so far.

Referee: Daniele Orsato (ITA)

The winner will play England or Germany in Rome, Italy.

SWEDEN
They did a decent job in the group stages, they frustrated Spain into a 0-0 draw, scraped past Slovakia and came back twice from Poland levelling the scores to win the game. That last minute winner ensured they topped the group and got a better match up in this round. They're not the most exciting team but they're fairly sound defensively and do the best with what they've got. Emil Forsberg has been the standout player, he’s one of many who has scored 3 in this tournament. Can they get to back-to-back major tournament quarter finals?

Form at Euro 2020:

Spain 0-0 Sweden
Sweden 1-0 Slovakia
Sweden 3-2 Poland

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Emil Forsberg – 3
Viktor Claesson – 1

UKRAINE
I actually thought they were really entertaining in the group stages. I definitely think the knockouts is better for having them there. I know they lost twice but they played alright in patches. Funny thing is; they were the lowest ranked 3rd placed team that went through and they probably couldn’t believe their luck with the draw. They got an opponent that isn’t completely above their level but as we’ve seen with knockouts so far, there isn’t really a level, everyone looks like they can beat each other. Interesting to see how prepared they are for this one, I imagine they weren’t training at 100% for a lot of last week as it looked like they were going home.

Form at Euro 2020:
Netherlands 3-2 Ukraine
Ukraine 2-1 North Macedonia
Ukraine 0-1 Austria

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Andreiy Yarmalenko -2
Roman Yaremchuk – 2

Last edited:
Let’s go live to Hampden and speak to Herman MunsterCF43936F-3CEC-4C32-8E84-C0F79B36A91F.jpeg
Nationalist Scotland wishes Sweden or Ukraine the best of luck in the quarter final

I can watch this game in Ultra HD but not the previous one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.