Sweets from your youth

YJzdjveAVuDmaqu-800x450-noPad.jpg

I used to love parma violets, fruit gums, fruit salads, texan bars, spangles and those lollies that were like hard sherbet and 2 different colours. Other than those I didn't bother much with sweets, though I was rather partials to treacle toffee which, if I remember correctly, used to come in a big slab and was then broken up into weird shaped pieces.

I have occasionally seen fruit gums and parma violets around but no idea if any of the others are still available. I'll have to call in at our local vintage sweet shop for a bit of nostalgia.

For much of my childhood and adolescence I consumed sherbet lemons in industrial quantities. It's probably just as well for my teeth that they no longer exist. But I still miss them. As a young kid, I also enjoyed sherbet fountains – the liquorice, and then the sherbet suddenly coming up and sending me into a coughing fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.