SWP (returning as a club ambassador?)

Cook brought in numerous influential players and took the club forwards in many ways. It’s a Barca old boys club now. Catalan clique.

100 points didn’t match Liverpool’s titles won or lift the Champions League. Pep has done nothing in Europe for years.

You know it is possible to praise the work Garry Cook did without criticising the manager who provided us with the greatest season in our history.

To be fair though, I can understand why some fans look back on the Cook and then Mancini days with fonder memories. Both Cook and Bobby understood the DNA of City. They went about their business and didn’t give a fuck. Both would always back our fans to the hilt as well.

I feel that the Barca boys (Pep included) have been tasked with modernising City and turning us into a European powerhouse like a Bayern, Barca or Rags. Whilst I fully understand the reasoning for doing so, I personally think that we don’t fit in that catergory and we are slowly turning into everything we despised about United. The fact Pep constantly refers to United’s and Liverpool’s history whilst playing down our own is something that grates.

That said, on the pitch we are moving in the right direction and that is the most important thing.

In a nutshell Txiki, Sorriano and Pep are major upgrades on Cook and Mancini etc in every footballing department. Yet I don’t think they will ever ‘get City’ as well as they did.

Cook brought in numerous influential players and took the club forwards in many ways. It’s a Barca old boys club now. Catalan clique.

100 points didn’t match Liverpool’s titles won or lift the Champions League. Pep has done nothing in Europe for years.
You must be a wow at parties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.