T Silva, Modric AND Ibra....

Lancastrian said:
CTID101 said:
So what if PSG sign Ibra and T.Silva, same situation with Chelsea and them signing Hazard it doesn't necessairly mean that they are going to become a great team.

Whereas our team/squad has had a few years now of bedding in and gelling.

I am very confident going into this new CL campaign regardless of the teams we get.

You're right...now. But in a year or two, they'll have gelled too, and (presumably) still have Ibra and Silva.

That is the big question. For me, they have gone for one thing...money. No-one with such standings in European Football joins the French League to challenge themselves. If they really wanted to pit their wits against the best, they would come to England.
As you say in two years, the team will be gelled, but Ibrahimovic and Silva will not be there. This move is purely financial and they will return to Italy once domestic trophies have been won.

The French League is 5th at best behind England, Spain, Italy and Germany.

Salford_Blue said:
Lancastrian said:
CTID101 said:
So what if PSG sign Ibra and T.Silva, same situation with Chelsea and them signing Hazard it doesn't necessairly mean that they are going to become a great team.

I am very confident going into this new CL campaign regardless of the teams we get.

You're right...now. But in a year or two, they'll have gelled too, and (presumably) still have Ibra and Silva.

That is the big question. For me, they have gone for one thing...money. No-one with such standings in European Football joins the French League to challenge themselves. If they really wanted to pit their wits against the best, they would come to England.
As you say in two years, the team will be gelled, but Ibrahimovic and Silva will not be there. This move is purely financial and they will return to Italy once domestic trophies have been won.

But did they have a choice of where to go to? Were we in for Thiago Silva?

If a club accepts a bid for you then it's difficult to say no I'm not moving when you know that they don't want you any more. If he chose PSG above another club in a stronger league I'd accept that argument, but we don't know that do we?

Salford_Blue said:
Lancastrian said:
CTID101 said:

The reference to France's Ligue 1 as being behind the other 4 you mention is true.

The fact that you list England 1st might suggest that you think that it is superior to the others mentioned.

If that is the case, you may well be unaware that many comments from Jounalists, ex footballers who now trade as TV and radio pundits, FA officials and UK based professional football coaches have all cited the general lack of skill and technique in the English Premier League in comparison to other European Leagues and led to a general lack of expectation about our Euro 2012 chances - duly fulfilled by our mediocre performances. Martin Tyler and Gary Neville and previously Richard Keys and Andy Gray, presumably reflecting the massive commercial investment by SKY, continually and laughably tout the EPL as the 'greatest league in the world' in support of their employer.

Meanwhile, the effects of the PSG revolution will undoubtedly have an impact in several areas.

Firstly, clubs like Lyon, Marseille and possibly others may well seek financial restructuring with the help of rich benefactors which may well influence French nationals to stay in France.

Arsenal have employed some 40 top class French players since the arrival of Wenger in the mid 90's. They were attracted first and foremost by the money. Just as Zlatan and Thiago Silva were to go to Paris. Just as Didier Drogba was delighted to play in China, that mecca of the beatiful game Or why Eto'o decided to ply his trade in godforsaken Dagestan.

Tez Tosterone said:
The reference to France's Ligue 1 as being behind the other 4 you mention is true.

The fact that you list England 1st might suggest that you think that it is superior to the others mentioned.

If that is the case, you may well be unaware that many comments from Jounalists, ex footballers who now trade as TV and radio pundits, FA officials and UK based professional football coaches have all cited the general lack of skill and technique in the English Premier League in comparison to other European Leagues and led to a general lack of expectation about our Euro 2012 chances - duly fulfilled by our mediocre performances. Martin Tyler and Gary Neville and previously Richard Keys and Andy Gray, presumably reflecting the massive commercial investment by SKY, continually and laughably tout the EPL as the 'greatest league in the world' in support of their employer.

The UEFA Coefficients would suggest that the Premier League is at least the second best behind La Liga and a considerable distance ahead of the Bundesliga and Serie A, which will drop behind Ligue 1 in the next decade as its decline continues.

Tez Tosterone said:
Salford_Blue said:
Lancastrian said:

Meanwhile, the effects of the PSG revolution will undoubtedly have an impact in several areas.

Firstly, clubs like Lyon, Marseille and possibly others may well seek financial restructuring with the help of rich benefactors which may well influence French nationals to stay in France.

Arsenal have employed some 40 top class French players since the arrival of Wenger in the mid 90's. They were attracted first and foremost by the money. Just as Zlatan and Thiago Silva were to go to Paris. Just as Didier Drogba was delighted to play in China, that mecca of the beatiful game Or why Eto'o decided to ply his trade in godforsaken Dagestan.
There maybe a general lack of skill and technique in the England national team, but that's not the case for the Premiership

Salford_Blue said:
Lancastrian said:
CTID101 said:

Sounds very similar to comments made about City from outsiders during our primitive years after the takeover. We continually touted the phrase 'project' as what the players were coming for but let's be honest players were taking a risk coming to us as there are with PSG now. Although they will be handsomely paid for the risk.

The more I think about this the more I feel like we fucked up on this one, shoulda been us. This is a huuuuge move at a great price.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:40 pm --<br /><br />The more I think about this the more I feel like we fucked up on this one, shoulda been us. This is a huuuuge move at a great price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.