T Silva, Modric AND Ibra....

Re: Silva, Modric AND Ibra....

sergiokun said:
bell_mcfc said:
This says the bid accepted was reported at £51.3m, which may not be true, but didnt they have a bid of around £30-35m for T.Silva already rejected? Meaning theyve added Ibra for not much more. Hoping this isnt true as Zlatlan is the one player i would love at city, although here appears to be like marmite on this board!

If he came to city i would cry. Shit player lazy twat and wouldn't go near him

I would love to see you cry! you may not like him but to say hes shit just make you a fool and cant be taken seriously

Milan have something we want (T.Silva)and we have something they want(Dzeko) so i don't see why they would be willing to sell off Ibra and T.Silva and then come back to us to ask for Dzeko , IMO that would be very poor business on their end . We cannot afford to be naive when dealing with a greedy and stingy club like Milan . If i was in the position of power in our transfer department and Milan makes this "T.Silva to PSG" transfer happen then they would have shot themselves at the foot because we would surely give Dzeko to their Rivals Juventus and maybe add some cash to it in exchange for Chellini.

I wonder if Thiago Silva and Robinho have discussed the a City transfer option?
I read on here earlier that Robinho had suggested to Hughes we should buy TS for about £3m?

RvP, 29 plus injury prone. Zlatan, 30 yrs old. Both heading towards the 'twilight' of their careers in some respects, possibly even 'final moves' for them this time around so looking for big paydays.

Tevez 28 and untrustworthy. Dzeko 26 so has time on his side. I'm not one to argue with Mancini, but I see this as being a sever case of short termism? I'd rather keep hold of Dzeko if possible and keeping Tevez (with all the usual caveats) seems more sense.

I appreciate RvP and Zlatan's capabilities, but are we realistically going to get more than a full season out of either? And how much in terms of wages are we going to have to blow on them considering FFP?

Still, we shall see.

strongbowholic said:
RvP, 29 plus injury prone. Zlatan, 30 yrs old. Both heading towards the 'twilight' of their careers in some respects, possibly even 'final moves' for them this time around so looking for big paydays.

Tevez 28 and untrustworthy. Dzeko 26 so has time on his side. I'm not one to argue with Mancini, but I see this as being a sever case of short termism? I'd rather keep hold of Dzeko if possible and keeping Tevez (with all the usual caveats) seems more sense.

I appreciate RvP and Zlatan's capabilities, but are we realistically going to get more than a full season out of either? And how much in terms of wages are we going to have to blow on them considering FFP?

Still, we shall see.
Our forward line will have age and experience, pace, strength and technique.

Aguero, Tevez, Van Persie and Balotelli.

That is mouth watering to me. Yes RVP has had his injury problems but 80 games in 18 months goes some way to saying he is over them. Along with the chance to sit out some games due to rotation I think RVP will be fantastic.

It seems Aguero would be quite happy with RVP joining us too.

i♥city! said:
Milan have something we want (T.Silva)and we have something they want(Dzeko) so i don't see why they would be willing to sell off Ibra and T.Silva and then come back to us to ask for Dzeko , IMO that would be very poor business on their end . We cannot afford to be naive when dealing with a greedy and stingy club like Milan . If i was in the position of power in our transfer department and Milan makes this "T.Silva to PSG" transfer happen then they would have shot themselves at the foot because we would surely give Dzeko to their Rivals Juventus and maybe add some cash to it in exchange for Chellini.

Makes sense but then not sure if Milan's transfer business makes much sense over the years. When selling they expect top dollar and when buying they'll pay on the never never. No wonder it takes time to get an agreement.

One good thing from the Kaka 'deal' is that Khaldoon will have had the experience and be much better prepared next time around. I trust Khaldoon and Mancini to make the right decisions for City. Would love Silva here.

One thing that would worry me about us possibly signing Silva or Ibrahimovic is that Milan tend to get rid of their big players at the right time.

Kaka
Shevchenko
Ronaldinho

All were top players when they left and went downhill instantly at their next club. Although one they did get wrong is Pirlo, but it was under different circumstances.

Edwaardz said:
One thing that would worry me about us possibly signing Silva or Ibrahimovic is that Milan tend to get rid of their big players at the right time.

Kaka
Shevchenko
Ronaldinho

All were top players when they left and went downhill instantly at their next club. Although one they did get wrong is Pirlo, but it was under different circumstances.

Not really... IMO Ronaldinho was past his prime already when they bought him. Shevchenko they got right, but then they loaned him back from Chelsea if you remember, and he didn't perform at all. Kaka was amazing business for them though, can't argue with that.

Shame, would have liked T.Silva here, and Ibra is better than Dzeko no matter how popular the big-hearted Bosnian is. This FFP bullshit is such a fucking pain in the arse, and how come it only seems to affect us & not PSG or Chelsea!? Do we really think that wanker Platini would try to kick the English champions out of the CL, with all the possible legal implications that would bring to UEFA if Sheikh Mansour just said 'Fuck you Platini you little prick, I'm spending £250m on players!'? I wish he would!

I think our strongest XI is great, but we really would be threadbare with a couple of injuries/suspensions, particularly in central defence and I still think we need a pacy option for breaking down stubborn West Brom-type teams parking the bus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.