Tahiti - Champions of Oceania

brad147690

Well I expected New Zealand to walk this tournament but they got knocked out to New Caledonia in the semis. So then the final I expected NC to win but Tahiti managed to come through. This now means at the 2013 Confederations Cup we could see the likes of Brazil, Spain and Uruguay playing Tahiti. Will they be able to keep it in single figures?

Jeez! I had this entire tournament taped and then you go and ruin it by giving away the results!

;)

First time an Oceanian nation that isn't Australia or New Zealand has won that tournament. Well done to them. It will be interesting to see how they do in the CC, I imagine its the first time they're playing teams outside their continent. They might get hammered every game, but they've earned the right to play in it.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
says it all about the standard of football down under(yes I know Australia moved to Asia), shouldn't have their own confederation imo, not good enough to warrant it.

Tbf they only have 0.5 places at the world cup, which means that they have to play a play-off against south america's 5th team I think, so they aren't guarantee'd a place unless they beat someone decent, so having their own confederacy doesn't really guarantee them anything.

MCFC1993 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
says it all about the standard of football down under(yes I know Australia moved to Asia), shouldn't have their own confederation imo, not good enough to warrant it.

Tbf they only have 0.5 places at the world cup, which means that they have to play a play-off against south america's 5th team I think, so they aren't guarantee'd a place unless they beat someone decent, so having their own confederacy doesn't really guarantee them anything.

I know, but I just think it'd be better if they were all incorporated into Asia meaning they have to play better teams at some point.

It's a team from Asia they play in the World Cup qualifier.

New Zealand beat Bahrain last time round and didn't embarrass themselves in South Africa (the kiwi's like to remind us that they were the only team in the WC to not lose a game).

Football in Oceania is taking off in a big way, it's the fastest growing sport especially here in NZ (mainly due to the ex-pat influence).

The fact is these teams need to be testing themselves against proven international teams, otherwise how else will they improve.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
New Zealand losing to New Caledonia? That's on a par with losing away to York, or Chesterfield or Oldham or Halifax!

hahahahahahaha

which losers have managed that ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.