Taione Sodje

Otamendi's Beard

Looks like we've snapped up another promising youngster ahead of premier league rivals. Great to hear the reasons that they pick us and further emphasise how in tune our club is with the needs of young players.

English giants Manchester City have beaten rivals Liverpool and Everton to the signature of the highly-rated talent Taione Sodje.

The 12-year-old, who has a Nigerian father, Bright, was snapped up from the Sheffield United academy and has an academy contract that will keep him at the Etihad until he is 15.

Taione comes from a family with a huge football tradition. His uncles Efe and Sam have represented Nigeria at senior level, while Akpo is a striker with a big reputation in the lower tiers of English football.

Bright said the decision to play for City was purely Taione’s, adding that the additional option of going to school gave City the edge over the Reds and Toffees. The deal was just before Taione’s 12th birthday on September 20.

“The three clubs were interested and I had discussions with my wife and son. He said he was opting for City because of their £200m academy, quality coaching and the chance to get quality education while at the club,” Bright told our correspondent on the telephone on Monday.

“City said if we (family) decide to relocate to Manchester, they would put him in a private school. Everton and Liverpool weren’t offering that in terms of education.”

The former rugby player added that Taione has a chance to seal a professional deal with the 2013/14 Premier League champions in the near future.

“Taione’s got five years to prove himself; that he is good enough to play for City at scholarship level. His present deal is an academy contract. When he turns 15, he will be given a scholarship, which takes him till he is 17.”

Do love it everytime i read "english giants" god damn right we are.

He's a striker for anyone like myself who's not heard of him. Sadly a Google search brings up many more pages on his dad & uncles who are convicted scammers than on the lad himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.