Taiwan Plane crash

Big thanks must be given to the pilot for his quick thinking on this one IMHO. Lucky anyone survived this crash 25 people reported dead 13 on impact my thoughts and prays go out to their families. Just a guess but looking at footage the pilot saw the river after engine failure and thought it was the best option in the circumstances..

QzwZsXH.gif

Gelsons Dad said:
I think you may be giving the pilot some unwarranted credit.

Far from manoeuvring to save lives, the pilot has lost control of the aircraft.
Not according to the Mayor of Taipei, he has said the pilot was a hero and saved many lives

blue underpants said:
Gelsons Dad said:

Not according to the Mayor of Taipei, he has said the pilot was a hero and saved many lives

lol
What else is he going to say at this point?

Gelsons Dad said:
blue underpants said:
Gelsons Dad said:

lol
What else is he going to say at this point?
llooking at that footage, it doesn't appear that the plane is under any control, the pilot was probably just hanging on and shitting his pants same as the passengers. I think pure luck was the key there unless of course you were on the plane. RIP to those poor people

It is definitely stalling in the video before it banks to crash so has to be surely a double engine problem or worse.

From what I've heard one of the engines failed once they took off.
The pilot tried to glide along the river for a landing place (its densely populated, nowhere to land actually),
avoided a building and a metro station and then lost control and crashed, banging a wing on the bridge on the way.

Would have been a lot worse if it landed on the metro station.

The taxi driver and his passenger were lucky.

And thats TransAsia's second major accident in less than a year.
If you guys ever take planes flown by Taiwanese airlines, don't EVER take TransAsia.

Yeah man, that shit is just about my worst nightmare and i feel fucking terrible for them when i think of it.
I try not to though because i can only start to imagine their terror, R.I.P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.