Take the ball, Pass the ball

One thing that struck me is I think it was Busquets who said how hard it is to maintain the same relationships with long term coaches/players, and the hunger to keep winning. Biggest challenge we face if we keep winning.

I think that's the only benefit from the constant sniping of the media. If a player has anything about them, the abuse will act as motivation. In fact, I'm sure it does.

Just watched this film on Amazon. Thought it was fantastic. Should be compulsory viewing for the idiots in the media and rival fans who claim that Pep "inherited" all the great players at Barca and isn't that special. The Barca stars all say he is a genius who developed them as players into the greatest club side of all time, especially Messi. I loved the quote from Dani Alves who said: "If Pep told me to jump off the stadium roof I would know it is the right thing to do."

One of the reasons Pep left Barca was his concern of top players getting board with the same message over and over, he feels eventually they stop taking on board the information and is probably also one of the reasons Pep doesn't hang around longer than he does at clubs
Think it’s a bit different with our club. He has bought young players in who are ready and willing to play under him to better themselves. At Barca it was a team he took over who where all mostly young and maybe it got a bit stale who knows but something happened in the boardroom.

Absolutely enjoyed it ....I had heard pep was burned out in the end , due to the politics which is highlighted well in his doc.

That's why I am hopeful he will stay long here , though it's obvious he is the kind of guy who will want new challanges .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.