Takeover confirmed

Been a city fan since 2002. I had originally been on another city message board for a year or two before the buyout (can't even remember the name of it now), but on the day of the buyout, someone had linked this forum. So I popped over and a day or two later made an account. I think my original name was @an_unlikely_fan_19 but I forgot it for awhile (or got banned LOL don't remember). I had always just kind of lurked on the forums, as it was a long time ago, and I felt like the only American Fan in a sea of mancs. (That has definitely changed).

But when we got bought, I felt the need to write a long post about how I became a fan, what attracted me to city in the first place, and it was going to be a fun ride. Now, here we are. I am just another yank that gets lost in the sea of fans around the world that have come to join the revolution. That's alright though, football is entertainment and for everyone that wants to have buy in to the people of a club. That's what kept me here. Pigenho, Glauber, Inflatables, The first Clarkie, Muffin or Barm, (Muffin btw), the hoodie sale. It's why I keep coming back.

it seems like years ago and it will be 10 years in the making next year and only now can you look back and say WOW and how big was the take over not just for manchester city but football in general . we moved the goal post that united had over the years in the premier league and now it was game on no more little old city

but i will say one thing the enjoyment of winning silverware still does not make sense to me am i watching this happen manchester city top dogs
i still have to pinch myself and take it all in and winning silverware is for the here and now but the history are so good to look back on and new legends like yaya and zabba are going to be giving summerbee bell book time off they are the new hero's going to be legends we all want to see

That was the turning point.

We could sense it and they could sense it before the game had even finished. Scholes getting red carded, he knew, that was a lash-out at what he sensed; them barely having a shot on goal for ages and their fans leaving in droves from about 85minutes, they all knew as well...

Then when the final whistle blew we erupted, the Rags left en mass, Balotelli winked at Ferdinand and there was a feeling in the stands we hadn't felt for a long time, if ever depending on your age. Probably nobody there was around when they were nothing and we were everything in this city back in the 1930s but many were there to see 3-3 draws that saw both teams cheered off because we were their equals, or big away wins where we were simply superior to them. In between the 5-1 4-1 3-1s and Benjani pointing gave us joy, but this was different.

I had a tear in my eye. It was only a 1-0 semi-final win on paper. At that point we still hadn't won anything for 35 years. But in the grander scheme it was the day Manchester football changed.

All the way home they hid like rats at the service stations. They barely looked up at us as we drove past them on the motorway. There was no goading or piss taking from them. They knew it, we knew it. It had all changed!
This

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.