Taking a dog on a ferry

oman0115

Has anyone traveled with their dog in the kennels on one of the ferry s that permits it? Any recommendations, was your dog comfortable etc...

Has anyone traveled with their dog in the kennels on one of the ferry s that permits it? Any recommendations, was your dog comfortable etc...

We tried it on the Hull/Zeebrugge route a few years ago and when we saw the kennel we were shocked it was tiny, ours ended up staying in the car overnight and we managed to negotiate with the crew to pop on car deck and give her a quick walk a few times. Coming back we ended up changing the route and just cam back via Calais/Dover

we are due to travel on the 15th Dec and as ever will just do the tunnel, I would rather have a longer drive, other crossings might be better mind.

It’s a bit aside from your query but if you’re going out or coming back after brexit then don’t forget that the pet passport requirements will be ripped up and rewritten for the sorry event.
Have a chat with your vet because their professional bodies are well up on the topic and, while they probably won’t have definite answers, because the clowns in government don’t yet have definitive answers, they should be able to advise on worst case scenario’s.

We travel around Europe in our old motorhome and we take out cat with us, we always enjoy it.

I hope you all have a lovely time.

It’s a bit aside from your query but if you’re going out or coming back after brexit then don’t forget that the pet passport requirements will be ripped up and rewritten for the sorry event.
Have a chat with your vet because their professional bodies are well up on the topic and, while they probably won’t have definite answers, because the clowns in government don’t yet have definitive answers, they should be able to advise on worst case scenario’s.

We travel around Europe in our old motorhome and we take out cat with us, we always enjoy it.

I hope you all have a lovely time.

The defra/yougov website on the pet passports after Brexit is as you say a fucking shambles, we are pushing through our trip with a view to being back before new year. Last time we asked our Vet she just laughed and our guess was as good as hers.

We have been taking our dogs to France every year for the last 20 years.
We never use the kennels but leave the dog in the car.
We got our dog ready for the Brexit that was supposed to happen in March so she can go any time with us. The regulations haven’t changed from what would have been needed then.
A bit of internet research will let you know what is required. It has nothing to do with UK gov or DEFRA now. It is EU regs you need to comply with.
The biggest thing is the rabies vaccination and timing required for blood tests. If you have not taken the dog before it will be three months minimum to get rabies jabs and blood tests done.
My vet is up to date with what’s required.

The defra/yougov website on the pet passports after Brexit is as you say a fucking shambles, we are pushing through our trip with a view to being back before new year. Last time we asked our Vet she just laughed and our guess was as good as hers.

What changes in terms of transporting your pet? Do they need a complete new passport? Something I've not thought of to be honest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.