Taking defeat on the chin

There is a Light

We're all bitterly dissapointed with yesterday, but one positive is our ability to hold our hands up and say the better team won on the day.

A good crowd stayed behind to see Wigan lift the cup as well which appears to have been noted by some.

Gary Lineker, BBC Sport
"Great dignity in defeat by Manchester City and their players. We seldom mention such things."

Man City will have been bitterly disappointed today but both club & supporters very magnanimous in defeat.
@philmcnulty 10 hours ago

Yep, the best team on the day won and I think our fans and team showed some class at the end of the game.

The Wigan fans that I met as I waited in the pours of rain will say the same thing I think, we shook their hands as they passed and wished them well. We knew that our team didn't play well but we did, as the OP says, take it on the chin.

Onwards and upwards for City.

The only thing that made me feel proud yesterday was the staying behind and applauding Wigan. We showed true class as fans!

If there's a team we were going to lose a final to, I'm probably happiest to lose to Wigan. This was probably going to be their only FA cup final in history.
I like their managers attitude and I like the way they play football. On the day they deserved it.
After our poor performances since we beat United and Chelsea, its not that suprising; although I hoped we might find our mojo again.
No tempo to our game. Mancini seems to have lost his passion.

Our fans behaved very well, staying to applaud them getting the trophy.

We will be back, stronger in the future!

Eccles Blue said:
The Wigan fans that I met as I waited in the pours of rain will say the same thing I think, we shook their hands as they passed and wished them well. We knew that our team didn't play well but we did, as the OP says, take it on the chin.

Onwards and upwards for City.

^^^^^^
This

We've come a long way in a short time. Made mistakes yesterday and main thing is we learn from them. Fair play to Wigan and their fans yesterday. Gracious in victory all of them.

This was the first post I looked at on the Wigan forum.

Thanks to all fans.
Of all clubs for their kind words. It really does restore my faith in the football family. It isn't ( or should ever be ) about slagging one another off. Well done everyone and can I just thank the many City fans who came over and congratulated us.

One lady Wigan supporter made me smile, she said "Thank you, but you'll be back, we won't." So I pointed out to her that they would be back for the Community/Charity Shield which she had forgotten in the euphoria. :-)

We have taken so many on the chin that we are immune to any right jab that might come in the last seconds of a twelve-rounder! Pick yerself up, dust yerself off and start again! As somebody said on the 606 phone in - at least it wasn't the Ginger Pig in the 90th minute!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.