Taking euros abroad! Advice!

decmancity

Hi guys,
Going to benicassim next week and I am just trying to get my euros sorted, I was thinking of just going and getting it all in cash and just trying my best to keep it safe with me in a zipped pocket or something but just wondering if anyone else had any other options?

I have seen these pre-paid currency cards, anyone ever used one of them?

Thanks

CTID101 said:
Hi guys,
Going to benicassim next week and I am just trying to get my euros sorted, I was thinking of just going and getting it all in cash and just trying my best to keep it safe with me in a zipped pocket or something but just wondering if anyone else had any other options?

I have seen these pre-paid currency cards, anyone ever used one of them?

Thanks
If you transfer it into my Nigerian bank account I will meet you there and offer safe company.many thanks .abdul mac.

ATM will dispense cash in the local currency. Inform your card company you're going first, or use the card in a shop transaction before using the ATM (to determine your physical presence in the same place a the ATM).
Taking cash is asking for trouble. Imagine a tourist in your town with six grand in notes and trying to sort through them to buy a postcard.

I've always used Travellers Cheques, and cashed them when I've needed the cash abroad.

Much more safer, left them in unlocked rooms in shitholes and they haven't been stolen

Upto yourself mate but I personally always take the lot in cash, put it in the safe deposit box at my hotel and limit what I take out day to day so the money stretches the whole holiday and have a bit left over for duty free.

If you go using the ATM route as a previous poster has said you will have to inform your bank first as otherwise they may block your account when seeing withdrawals from a foreign country.

Don't be running about with the lot in your pocket the whole holiday as that's just askin for trouble.

I am camping mate, its a festival so no safe like a hotel would offer.

I think I will take a chunk in cash and then just use my card and take the small hit of a fee to withdraw when I need it.

CTID101 said:
I think I will take a chunk in cash and then just use my card and take the small hit of a fee to withdraw when I need it.
You'll hardly notice the fees. Might be a good idea to let your bank know that you'll be using your card abroad. If not, they may assume it's been stolen and stop your account.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.