Taking my lad to his first game

StrutterBlue

Team supported
City
Just looking for some advice blues, thinking of bringing my lad to his first game next season, im up on EL3 so not too rowdy, he's 2 going on 3 in January and just wondering if it's too soon to bring him or not? What's your take?

Take back-up fella! An au pair/nanny/the Mrs/sibling, basically anyone to pacify him while you watch the game :) I’m in a similar situation with the grandson who’s two, we’ve started having him at weekends & I’ve promised to take him when we play on Saturdays at 3pm, so about three games! At least they are free till they are 4 (have to sit on a knee) so it’ll only cost you your sanity

My lot have been coming since they were around three, now have three season tickets between the four of them (aged 12,10,8 and 5).

They’re all pretty laid back kids in general so have always been really good at the game, my older daughter took a colouring book for a while but rarely used it, they just like being there.

The drama comes when they kick off in the car arguing about where to stop for tea.

It's not so much how old they are on their first game, it's games 2,3,4 etc that dictate if they are too young. Used to be in the Maine Road North Stand and my 3 year old daughter liked to see moonbeam pre match at pitch side. The following season we were at the new stadium and I'd bought her a season ticket. First game was Portsmouth and our seats had been placed in South Stand Level 2. Great seats and view but absolutely no access to pitch side. She watched as the Moonies walked past, interacting with the kids in level 1 and couldn't grasp not going down. Tears followed and by half time we had to leave. On the Monday I rang the club and got the tickets moved to level 1 but the damage was done and I gave her ticket back a few games later as she wasn't interested anymore. She did resume a few years later but personally I believe for regular attending they need to be no younger than around 6ish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.