Taking my lad to his first game

My son was 3 month old for his first game, Wembley 99.. Was out of necessity cos my mum was on hol so we couldn't get anyone to babysit. I had him in a babysling and took his car seat in and he slept through the whole game. He must be the youngest blue to attend that match. 23 now.
That's a great story. My eldest lad is a few months older than yours, all he got was his picture taken in the back of our limo before we set off. He's had a season ticket since he was 6 but God knows where he would be if I'd taken him to Wembley. Definitely would have lost him.

Just looking for some advice blues, thinking of bringing my lad to his first game next season, im up on EL3 so not too rowdy, he's 2 going on 3 in January and just wondering if it's too soon to bring him or not? What's your take?
All kids are different you've got to judge it. Three seems a bit young but he'll get plenty of Worthers Originals up in EL3

I hope you’ve got the little fella in training, videos of Blackburn Gillingham Sick Swan QPR Villa on loop shouting City City City at the telly should do it

Can't think of anything worse than having to entertain my 5 year old at the match. I'm gonna wait until he shows a genuine interest. He'll sing the songs but does not have a clue. Brainwashing not going too well.

I took my lad (6 at the time) to one of the City women games last season and he loved it. It helped that they won 7-2 but he kept his concentration all the way through the game other than moaning he was hungry a couple of times. The result helped, 7-2 against Brighton but I found the whole experience was excellent for his first game. He's well up for a game in "the big ground" now as well.

Took my lad to his first match, Swindon at home, at around two and a half years old, been going with him ever since, he's 32 now.
Who'd of thought, 30 year ago.........?
My granddaughter, now 5, wants me to take her to a football match. She lives half a mile from Edgeley Park, and, apparently my daughter says that my gd's school can get free tickets for games. If she likes the experience (not sure I will!), I'll then see if I can get her to a game at the Etihad. Where I sit in EL304, there are no spare seats close by, as they are all SC holders, and she's a bit too big to sit on my knee (both her parents are 6 footers) - she's already 1.10m.
She's being brought up right - her (emergency) phone's ringtone is "The Boys in blue", so I don't want her to fall into the dark side at an impressionable age.
What shall I do? I know it's asking a lot, but serious answers only, please.

Who'd of thought, 30 year ago.........?
My granddaughter, now 5, wants me to take her to a football match. She lives half a mile from Edgeley Park, and, apparently my daughter says that my gd's school can get free tickets for games. If she likes the experience (not sure I will!), I'll then see if I can get her to a game at the Etihad. Where I sit in EL304, there are no spare seats close by, as they are all SC holders, and she's a bit too big to sit on my knee (both her parents are 6 footers) - she's already 1.10m.
She's being brought up right - her (emergency) phone's ringtone is "The Boys in blue", so I don't want her to fall into the dark side at an impressionable age.
What shall I do? I know it's asking a lot, but serious answers only, please.
Take her, get tickets for the family stand where she will have other stuff to occupy her mind too. Spend an hour or so on City Square before the match, hot dog, fizzy drinks, make it a real treat for her so she associates going to the football with feeling great and having good memories.

You'll both love it

my first lad was three and my second lad was six at their first games
six was much much better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.